Remove Distortion caused by perspective
  • sjkistler

Remove Distortion caused by perspective

by sjkistler » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:31 am

MMapperT1.png
    MMapperT1.png (249.07 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
    I would like to map photos onto odd shapes without distorting the photos. Conceptually, the image being mapped would float freely independent of the quad so that regardless of the quad's shape, the image itself reflects its original perspective (although you may only see part of the image). For instance, in the example screenshot, the text becomes stretched as it fits to the pulled out corner of the rectangle. I'm sure I'm just not setting this up correctly, but am getting nowhere so thought I'd ask. Thanks for any and all help.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Remove Distortion caused by perspective

by mad-matt » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:53 am

You can do it by activating Mesh Warping and enable the "show input mesh" option and the "link input-output" option, then you can move handles in the uv preview and handles in the output preview will follow, so no distortion.
  • sjkistler

by sjkistler » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:04 pm

OK. I activated Mesh Warping and I enabled Show Input Mesh and Link Input-Output. But, I still seem to be quite distorted and unable to remove the distortion. As an example, in this screenshot I'm shooting for the word "Photoplay" to be horizontal. I purposefully made the quad super angular so that the problem is clear. Again, thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 7.59.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 7.59.44 AM.png (207.99 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
  • sjkistler

by sjkistler » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Success! I should have been using a mask - add the undistorted quad, then an inverted mask, voila! Thanks for your patience.