Aligning a photo-based project to final structure
  • sjkistler

Aligning a photo-based project to final structure

by sjkistler » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:19 am

I mapped the front of the building I'm working with based on a photo. It has 34 quads (see pic). It turns out that I'll need to set up my projector at a slight angle. Is it possible to manipulate the full set of quads as a group to accommodate the perspective? I can only figure out how to resize, rotate, and slide up/down left/right when I select all of the quads. I found this tutorial http://www.madmapper.com/after-effects- ... -building/, but it is only manipulating one quad and therefore can use grid warping on that single quad to align the mapping to the final position of what if being mapped. I can't figure out how (or if) it is possible to do this with a project containing multiple quads.

I appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 5.08.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 5.08.39 PM.png (223.62 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Aligning a photo-based project to final structure

by mad-matt » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:12 am

Yes you can do a perspective transform on a multiselection of surface (or a group). For that, select all surfaces, Press option key (alt) + click on one of the four handles of the selection and move it, it will do perspective transform !
  • sjkistler

Re: Aligning a photo-based project to final structure

by sjkistler » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Thank you thank you thank you! That worked perfectly. I knew that there had to be a way. You rock!