32 universe limit per network card?
  • crossroadsmedia

32 universe limit per network card?

by crossroadsmedia » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:41 pm

Using madlight in madmapper to drive content to 84 LED strips controlled by pixcon16 smart controllers...A mac pro is sending the artnet to an 8-port gigabit switch that then connects to the 6 controllers via cat6.
    Everything maps fine and lights up but after about the 32nd strip (32nd universe) I get glitching and lag on the remaining strips...If I disable the first 32 fixtures/strips the problem moves down by 32 strips (meaning now the middle is smooth and the after 64 strips it lags and glitches)...So is there a limit on the actual network card on how many universes it can drive via artnet? if so do USB network adapters work or do they have to be internal network cards? Or am I missing something else?
  • crossroadsmedia

Re: 32 universe limit per network card?

by crossroadsmedia » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:19 pm

UPDATE:

So the issue was with the pixcon16 controller...Actual board manufacturer supports artnet but LOR who sells the board doesn't...Using the actual board manufacturer's firmware instead of LOR's I was able to update to a version that works with artnet...Now all 84 universes work perfectly.
    broken
    super8 member

Re: 32 universe limit per network card?

by broken » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the pixcon16.. I had no idea, and will likely need a similar solution as I get closer to maxing out my current 6 universe setup :D

cheers