madmapper without display?
  • giorgio

madmapper without display?

by giorgio » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:02 am

I'm trying to run madmapper on a headless mac mini, with no display or video output connected. I'm only using madlight with syphon in from VDMX. I have the madmapper and vdmx files opening at launch, and when an hdmi display is connected, everything works fine. Once I remove the display and reboot, madlight does not transmit artnet data. If I attach the hdmi display at this time, I can see the the artnet nodes are not detected. I can mess around with the network settings in madmapper and get it up and running. If I reboot with the hdmi display connected, it works fine every time. Maybe some video driver isn't launching and madmapper can't work?? any thoughts??
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: madmapper without display?

by mad-matt » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:56 pm

Which version are you using ? Use 2.5.1, we changed so behavior so the DMX output works even if there is no OpenGL view visible. There might be an issue with Mac OSX which would not use the graphics card but do the OpenGL on the CPU (with a software OpenGL renderer), so it might be a bit slow depending on how many fixtures you are using, the type of medias etc.
    The best is to plug a display simulator on your computer, like this: https://www.amazon.com/CompuLab-fit-Hea ... B00FLZXGJ6
    With this Mac OSX will think there is a screen connected and it will use the graphics card normally