Video dropping out of Quad
  • Pseudaname

Video dropping out of Quad

by Pseudaname » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Hello everyone!

Newbie here. I am attempting to create a three projector setup where three 25 minute videos with sound play in sync and are output to three separate projectors. I got that far, yay! I drag the video for each one into a quad and position it in the output module so its coming out of the three projectors. I set up keyboard controls so that I can play, pause and restart them.

All seems well until usually at some point 5-10 minutes into playtime the video will completely drop out of a quad and show the checkerboard pattern behind it. Its almost as if the program is crashing except it doesn't close, it just totally dumps the video I have placed in the quad. Now I thought maybe I was asking too much of my computer and attempted a workaround where I have the three videos patched together in ONE video and simply move the projectors around. That also works but at some point the video drops out again.

I'm not sure if I'm not using a proper codec or something or if my videos are too large for the program or what? I don't really know where to begin troubleshooting this issue. Is anyone familair with it?

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 16 GB

Using Madmapper 2.2.2

Thank you in advance!!
    boris
    garageCube team

Re: Video dropping out of Quad

by boris » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi,

This is a very well know issue in this version.
    Please update your madMapper it's free for all registered users.

Boris.
    Boris * garageCube team