MAPPING PROJECTOR ANGLE OR FRONTAL VIEW
  • lamepantallas
    ultim8 member

MAPPING PROJECTOR ANGLE OR FRONTAL VIEW

by lamepantallas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:52 am

Hey MMers!

I was wondering if when mapping a building for example, I usually take a photo from the projector´s angle point of view and then use this to create my effects on AE, go back, and map with the specific angle of my projector using MM.

Is it better to take a frontal picture- despite the fact the projector will be in another position- work on it on AE and then map using perspective with MM?

What is your experience?

Thanks! Cheers from Honduras!

gabbo
    No se quien soy, pero se de que huyo. M.Montaigne
    Twitter: @popversus / @esegabbo
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: MAPPING PROJECTOR ANGLE OR FRONTAL VIEW

by franz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:52 pm

if the projector won't move, you can take a picture from the projector's POV
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:40 pm

If you are using MadMapper and have a Canon EOS camera that is listed as on the requirements page you can use this function to get an image from the perspective of the projector.

Otherwise, you can take a photo from the perspective of the projector and then load it into MadMapper, adjust it to it matches your scene and then take a snapshot of the output using Syphon Recorder.

With the resulting material, even if the projector is moved around a bit (within reason of cours) you can re-warp the material within MadMapper to match it up with your scene.
  • zeeshan030

by zeeshan030 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:43 am

Otherwise, you can take a photo from the perspective of the projector and then load it into MadMapper, adjust it to it matches your scene and then take a snapshot of the output using Syphon Recorder.