MadMapper/VDMX on Jimmy Fallon
  • nico.danger

MadMapper/VDMX on Jimmy Fallon

by nico.danger » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Hey There,

I already posted this in the VDMX forum but as I've finally joined the forum here I thought I would repost:

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2012/02/of-montreal-plays-dour-percentage/#.TzVZiECez5w.facebook

This was a few weeks ago. VDMX syphoned into MadMapper on a rental Mac Pro. The mapping itself is nowhere near as precise as I would like but things were totally chaotic in the TV studio. Plus I was positioned offstage, basically in a closet, with a feed from a robotic camera on a monitor as my means of seeing where I was positioning my quads. Plus, for the TV gig they strike everything after soundcheck and then reassemble it during the five minute commercial break during the taping. So I literally had five minutes in a closet to dial in the mapping before the performance. You can see where I was off quite a bit on the front-most quad (it moved after I mapped it).

It is because of this excellent software that I was able to pull it off. We will be using this setup on tour in the US and (hopefully) in Europe.

Thanks!
    alonsorama

Re: MadMapper/VDMX on Jimmy Fallon

by alonsorama » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:47 am

cool
    i have worked at a live studio performance and thinks gets to stressful