Well, the thing that took most time was getting the wall up and stapling the plates correctly.
For this I used a cross for measurement (since 4 circles is a square, with a cross in the middle)
and placed the plates into the sides of the cross, making sure things were in angle. This took a while.
Maybe a full working day.
Mapping the plates in Madmapper was easy. First I mapped a verticle row of 14 circles. Then I duplicated the 14,
moved them in posistion and corrected only the plates on the wall that was visibly off. Then I duplicated the 28 plates, moved them in
position and corrected the plates that was off. But to make sure I didn´t get lost in the hundreds of plates, I duplicated maximum 40 plates
at a time. This is quicker for Madmapper, and easier to move around.
The biggest danger in mapping 854 plates was forgetting to change textures for duplicated plates. Suddenly I ended up with plates with
same texture, and then it became a real headf*** for me
It´s easy to mess up!
Here is a picture from Madmapper that shows the set-up.
In the layer menu it says Surface 1386 and so on. That´s not correct. It´s 856
. Just a "flaw" in Madmapper, where you cant delete a layer
and get the same number for the next layer you make...
I tried to use Syphon from Modul8, but then my machine kneeled.
So I ended up with a playlist of videoes in Madmapper and changed videos during the night.