Recording Clips from Live Video Capture
  • B3Bear

Recording Clips from Live Video Capture

by B3Bear » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:32 am

Simply put, my idea is there should be a feature to allow you to record a clip right into your media bank from one of your four live Capture cams. Right now you can show live video from your cams, or you can show a pre-recorded media clip from your bank, but can't "capture" from the live cam to a media clip. Simple, powerful, and very useful. Hopefully we'll see it in a future version.
    :D
  • B3Bear

by B3Bear » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:59 am

Some discussion of this idea has been taking place in an older thread in Tips & Tricks, but I wanted to refine/update my suggestion here on my official "wish list". :)

The feature I'd like to see would allow you to grab clips from any of your cams or outputs, and save them in a media slot.

You'd hit a little record button on any empty media slot, choose the source (cams 1-4, outputs 1-8) , and it would start recording until you hit stop. Then you could use it like any other piece of media.

This, IMHO, would be a powerful feature, allowing you to, among other things, perform and capture complicated mixes on the fly, which you can then reuse right away if you want, even as part of another clip you capture (which itself could end up as part of another clip and so on...). In the audio world, this is similar to "bouncing" or "mixing down" multiple tracks into one, and it's very handy. :) For instance if you run out of tracks (layers) you bounce them down to one track and now the rest of your tracks are free.

There are some other examples of how you might use this feature in the other thread.
  • Smo King

by Smo King » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:26 am

A video capture would be definitly fine. Even if not "recording" to disk, but a few seconds to get a piece of the live cams or output and use it then on the fly like a regular clip.

i have been using this freeframe-plugin on pc for a long time with arkaos vj:
    http://www.bigfug.com/software/ (it is part of the freeframe collection and is called "videosampler")

your software is btw greeat:) just along mad mapper there are new worlds just openning to us.
    keep on the good work,
    Smo