Updated Testcard
    lotech
    ultim8 member

Updated Testcard

by lotech » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:03 pm

It would be really good if there was an updated testcard in Modul8.
    There should be a set of common resolutions and/or aspects - 1080, 720, SD, SD 16:9 + some TH2Go aspects come to mind. Also some generic patterns - Grid, Gradient, Colour Bars.
    And just to make use all happy (and the original reason for this request) - support for setting your own custom card would be great.

I understand you can just load a JPG but this would be useful if it wasn't reliant on external media - all built in.
    lotech
    ultim8 member

Re: Updated Testcard

by lotech » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Actually - if you just added support for a folder in the Modul8 App folder called 'Test Cards' which is read on opening it would make it really easy to share and deal with the test patterns.
    broken
    super8 member

by broken » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:23 pm

bump :)

Used to be able to use the testcard to align my videos when I worked in 4:3..

Now using 16:9 content, and testcard is a bit lacking in usefulness showing a square frame.
  • ilan

by ilan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:19 pm

broken
    super8 member

by broken » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Interesting.. is this just a standalone app though? (Can't find much info about how it's used or if it has Syphon?)

Looking for something I can load into modul8 like a video clip (as the 4:3 testcard does), which is the same size as my 16:9 content, so I can say place 4 layers in a square orientation like so:

If there's a image stored somewhere with this testcard I could simply replace with a 16:9 card instead.. all ears :)
  • ilan

by ilan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:55 pm

Used the 'Show package contents' command and did not find the test card. Maybe someone else knows where the test card lives?

Sigma6 should add Syphon as an option for the testcard app. I will send them a message linking to this post on that.

They might very well say "well... you can use Syphoner"

http://syphoner.sigma6.ch/

A bit of a round about way for getting a 16:9 testcard into Modul8.
    G3 should really just make it so that it can be customized or set.

For the record... I don't work there anymore. The responsible parties should change my profile since I am no longer able to do so.
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:05 pm

Syphon apps cannot be posted on the App Store because of sandboxing so it's not planned to add syphon to this app... But you can export an image file at any size and any ratio as it's generative.

To find the test card in modul8, there's an hidden folder called .md8 somewhere ;)
  • ilan

by ilan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Thank you for your attention Eric. ☺
    broken
    super8 member

by broken » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:32 pm

ilan wrote:Used the 'Show package contents' command and did not find the test card. Maybe someone else knows where the test card lives?

Sigma6 should add Syphon as an option for the testcard app. I will send them a message linking to this post on that.

They might very well say "well... you can use Syphoner"

http://syphoner.sigma6.ch/

A bit of a round about way for getting a 16:9 testcard into Modul8.
    G3 should really just make it so that it can be customized or set.

For the record... I don't work there anymore. The responsible parties should change my profile since I am no longer able to do so.

Did the same with Show package contents and didn't immediately see any testcard images.

I did just purchase Syphoner to use with some Processing/Kinect apps, but $15 is a tad pricey for testcard app when there's a 4:3 testcard already available in modul8 for free ;)

Thanks for replying, I had assumed you were still an employee, which is why all my questions were directed towards you :) Cheers!

@sigmasix - thanks for the heads up on finding the testcard..
    Found it @ /Applications/Modul8/Modul8.app/Contents/Resources/.md8/md8Media/misc/modul8_testcard.png

cmd+shift+g in Finder and input the following path for access to the hidden .md8 folder: /Applications/Modul8/Modul8.app/Contents/Resources/.md8/md8Media/misc/

cheers all
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:42 am

The modul8 testcard is a 640x480 image, it's just impossible to focus and calibrate a full hd projector with that… or it is possible but you might end up with something really bad

The testcard app provides pixel perfect generative test patterns you can show on any connected display.