Projector Control
  • CaseyJScalf
    activ8 member

Projector Control

by CaseyJScalf » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:21 am

I wish for a menu to control projectors with. Controls such as on/off, videos source, zoom - all that jazz.

A lot of them use something like PJLink (Epson, Panasonic, etc) or a custom blend that is still documented (Christie, etc). So it is not hard to figure out what the codes are and send them to the right IP Address?

The problem is a lot of them suck and there are not a lot of them to choose from. The programs that is. Or, they are just not supported on all platforms. For instance Christie does not make a version for the Mac OSX. Nor does Epson. Why?

Anyways, to be able to schedule them, check on them, alter their status, etc, would be AWESOME and hopefully not that hard to implement. For instance I've made small programs to control Christie's and Epson's in Processing using the serial library and referencing the documentation provided by the companies.

Maybe this could be a really nice feature?

It would really make MM turn key for video installations with any platform. Integrate that into the MINIMad for even more fun!

Thank you MadMapper!
    sigmasix
    master

Re: Projector Control

by sigmasix » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:44 am

I developed this
    https://itunes.apple.com/ch/app/project ... l=fr&mt=12

BUT…

It works most of the time but even if PJLink is a standard, some makes don't follow it properly and gives wrong answers or don't act as expected…

Anyway, give it a try, it might help you in some cases
  • CaseyJScalf
    activ8 member

Re: Projector Control

by CaseyJScalf » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:23 am

And I thank you so much for making that piece of software. I have purchased it and it works great for my Epson's. Seriously. Thank you!

That being said I completely understand that some may not support, or support fully. When you consider just how many models there are the possibilities quickly compile. Yet. It would be very handy!

I hope a good middle ground can be achieved. Maybe there is some verbose mode with a "material library" object that can facilitate this even if I have to get my hands dirty with some serial commands, etc.