Organising Materials
  • tangent

Organising Materials

by tangent » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Would be great to be able to organize materials some more
    such as:
    - ability to rename each instances of a materials (even just nicknames in your project file and the original shader name can remain the in the source file) if i have 3 versions of "shapes" material i want to give them all specific names

- ability to group them in folders

Thanks
    Tom
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Organising Materials

by franz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:08 am

you can already rename instances.
    User-defined workspace location is planned for the future, but not grouping.
    We'll think about it.
  • tangent

by tangent » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:40 pm

yeah Matt filled me in on the facebook user group :) I just hadn't been clicking in the right spot (had been double clicking just above the name text)

It would be handy if "rename" was part of the menu options when your right click on a material (but I guess not an essential update)

Thanks for the reply tho
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

by jasonbeyers » Wed May 08, 2019 5:24 pm

+1 for grouping media into folders. I regularly have over 1000 ISFs and hundreds of materials, and it takes a lot if time for me to find what I’m looking for. If we could move media into folders (within a media type), this would speed up my workflow considerably.
  • howie_b

by howie_b » Thu May 23, 2019 9:00 pm

If by - User-defined workspace location - you mean you can load materials from other locations that would be great.

Currently working a material for a specific project and i would really like the material to live with all the other resources for the project. To make it easy to move the project between machines.