Modify the surface output parameters with controls
    manoly

Modify the surface output parameters with controls

by manoly » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:19 pm

Now it is really easy to introduce live controls to modify parameters on the input of a surface through midi, audio, oscillators, etc. But it would be really interesting that these could also be applied to the exit of the surfaces being able to modify their size, position or rotation.

I use MM to design and organize my live vj set and work composing with hundreds of surfaces. For example, I have been able to modify sizes and generate movements of these surfaces by creating different scenes and applying a fade. When moving between scenes I get to apply displacements, turns or resize. An example of what I tell you would be the second middle of this video where I worked with different circular masks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82m30G7 ... e=youtu.be

Being able to manipulate the output parameters of the surfaces with controls such as midi, osc, audio or oscillator in real time would also be interesting to increase the possibilities of MM in interactive installations.

I don't know if I'm late for this request to be implemented in the next 4th version, but in any case thank you very much for your attention.
    light up your space, share the path
    @missvisuales
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Modify the surface output parameters with controls

by franz » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:12 pm

you can already control a surface's output:
    - position x/y
    - scale
    - rotation
    - each handle x/y position

what else would you need ?
    just hit ctrl-L to focus on the control list ...
    manoly

Re: Modify the surface output parameters with controls

by manoly » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:00 pm

oh thanks, I didn't know that this was accessible only through the list control
    light up your space, share the path
    @missvisuales