Automatic brightness compensation
  • bLackburst

Automatic brightness compensation

by bLackburst » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:07 pm

I recently noticed a rather cool feature in Christie's (otherwise terrible) warp software "Twist". It actually compensates the brightness of the surface depending on how far away it is from the projector. In other words, it smoothly gets dimmer for surfaces that are physically closer to the proj resulting in a visually even surface. I've had this be a time consuming problem on a project with madmapper that resulted in me having to manually adjust all the surface's opacities to get an even looking glow on solid colours. It's a pretty cool feature in twist, which is a bit strange because it doesn't even do perspective correct warping of the image...but knows enough to compensate the brightness. Anyway, thought it was worth a mention.
  • Dawidosza

Re: Automatic brightness compensation

by Dawidosza » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:14 pm

Would be nice !
    aktion
    activ8 member

by aktion » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:17 am

Is int that something that you can control via maybe opacity in the settings option ?
    AKTION STUDIO
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    https://vimeo.com/channels/aktionstudio
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:45 am

interesting, i didn't know of that feature on the twist card.
    funnilly, it's a feature we already have developed in house for tests purposes: using a camera/DSLR to analyse projected images and automatically correct brightness/color adjustments.
    I however doubt we will it ever happen to make it to MM 's feature set -it's too complicated -
  • bLackburst

by bLackburst » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Even for flat surfaces? I'm imagining a function where if the input faces were proportional to the real-world faces then the z-coords (and brightness) would be implicit in its mapping. If it's complicated due to light falloff theorem, well..i thought that was "par for the course".