Posibility to "extend" a quad beyound its borders
  • sorenknud

Posibility to "extend" a quad beyound its borders

by sorenknud » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:19 am

Hi! Franz & Co. :)

The best video tool I have ever encountered is missing, since I don't use QC that much anymore... This one...: https://1024d.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/ ... -qcplugin/

It was such a unique feature. You could map a small square, and then fill a huge surface with a texture.

I want to be able to have an arbitrary (flat 2d) shape on stage, like a 2d cutout of a cloud, and just mark a square (ex. 1mX1m) inside its solid surface, and then map a 1x1 quad onto the square, but extend the quad so that the whole cloud is covered, and then masking it afterwards (or in the content).

Basically what im asking is to have the handles INSIDE the quad when needed. Is this possible in the future?

This is kind of what I would like to do (by the way the picture is from a performance where I used _1024_perspectivematrix):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ea0yzih3a6nzo ... e.mov?dl=0

Best regards
    Soren
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Posibility to "extend" a quad beyound its borders

by franz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:44 am

mmmm ... interesting , we'll think about it
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:19 pm

up up!

If you have for instance a mac mini with one projector attached to it and you need to map using Show Info and Show cursor, it is possible that for the perfect mapping you need to have your handles outside the screen area and once you deselect it, you need to move the whole thing and it's hell…
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:02 pm

indeed, that's real problem ...
  • sorenknud

by sorenknud » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:19 pm

I work with theatre, and very often the setdesigns have a basic shape, easy to map, BUT then it has little ornaments sticking out, and it properbly has 8-12 different positions on stage during the show. So when the handles are outside the shape, its much more work to make it fit. When touring and arriving on a new stage every day, its a pain in the ass than you cannot "extend, or remove the mask" of the quad, without moving the handles. Does it make sense?
    Attachments
    Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 12.14.45.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 12.14.45.png (76.24 KiB) Viewed 8763 times