How are you controlling your layers live?
  • Lumatrace

How are you controlling your layers live?

by Lumatrace » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:01 pm

I'm looking for a way to turn a layer on while turning all others off at the same time. Is this possible? How are you controlling your layers live? If I key or midi map the layer, I have to hold on to the key the whole time I want the layer to be active. Surely, theres a way to to toggle a clip on so that it is "solo'd" and the rest are off. Do I need some type of special controller? I've searched all modules, tutorials, and forums, but this has never been answered.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • geoffmatters
    activ8 member

Re: How are you controlling your layers live?

by geoffmatters » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:35 am

I often use the default midi binding behaviour of "layer is on while you hold the button down"

The other mode I often use is to program specific cues using "LB - Macro" module, so i can eg turn off layers 1 and 2 and turn on layer 3 with a single button press (eg to move from verse to chorus of a song)

There is no built-in "solo layer" function but it is quite easy to write such a module, and I am sure there is such a module already in the library
  • geoffmatters
    activ8 member

Re: How are you controlling your layers live?

by geoffmatters » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:43 am

"(VP) Solo Mode Layer" module allows you to define a set of layers which will have mutually exclusive behaviour (turning any layer in the set on will turn the rest off, like a "radio button")