where does Modul8 record to ? brings up other issues
    rugbyrne@hotmail.com

where does Modul8 record to ? brings up other issues

by rugbyrne@hotmail.com » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:27 am

Last night messing with V3.0 I hit record button mid-set. I wasn't sure where Modul8 was recording to and today I sought the manual to find the answer. Maybe there's another manual that I don't have, but when I upgraded I was sent this one that was confusing bc/ it continually referred to clips, etc. that seemed to be from some kind of starter pack, or demo assets meant to aid folks learning modul8. Sure, I am still learning modul8, but I just want to read the bare instructions, not ones that are meant for people following along with pre-ordained assets. Why would you print a manual like this? ...and it's probably in prefs somewhere but what's the default location for recordings?
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: where does Modul8 record to ? brings up other issues

by Pierre Guilluy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:49 pm

If you mean the record button that's in the main window, that records all the actions you make during the record. The recording is saved in the project.

Then, you can either replay that recording, or export it as video using Render --> Render logical record...
  • jaxamuse

by jaxamuse » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Hi!
    I could see why this would be confusing in v03 - the "render logical record" function is not working at all for me. It works up until the point where you hit "render" and then nothing happens. If someone was just learning the software, as OP is, I could see why one would think it was sending the recording somewhere. But, I think it's a software glitch & it's not actually working / recording.

I just made a post about this to see if anyone else is having this issue. I see that someone else did in the Beta in August, but no one has commented about this problem for the full release yet.

Hopefully it's resolved soon.
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

by Pierre Guilluy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:54 am

Please refer to viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10598 about the Render Logical Record issue.