Video Capture trough Firewire A/V DV Capturing Device
  • trukske

Video Capture trough Firewire A/V DV Capturing Device

by trukske » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:20 pm

Hello,

I am unable to capture video from a cctv security camera through a PYRO AV-Link A/V capturing device, that is connected with the computer via firewire. The resolution of the camera is 510x492 (PAL).

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use an external A/V video capturing device with firewire output, in stead of a camera? We work a lot with cctv cameras for theatre, and they only have a cinch output.

Thank you,

Ief.
  • freespirit

by freespirit » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:05 pm

I use a Canopus ADVC-100 without any problems in Modul8 for external video capture. If I get my laptop back from repair I can try it with te Beta if it still works but it used to work.
  • trukske

by trukske » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:02 pm

with camera are you using? Maybe it is beceause of the resolution of my camera? A small security cam.

thanx.

ief
  • jm302
    super8 member

by jm302 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:42 pm

trukske wrote:Maybe it is beceause of the resolution of my camera?

That shouldn't make a difference. Does it work with any other app, like Quicktime? If not, try plugging a DVD player into your firewire A/D box and see if you get an image. If it works, then you have a problem with the camera, if it doesn't, it's the A/D box (or the drivers for it). Good luck!

Cheers,
    Justin

P.S. I just plugged my PV-GS300 into the beta7 and it works fine.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist" -- Anonymous

http://www.302acid.com
  • trukske

by trukske » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:00 pm

Hey, i tried it with a dvd and that worked... So i tried again with the camera but that didn't work. Now i'm using another small security cam and that is no problem. So it was the camera... He's not broke beceause i tested it connecting him directly on a tv screen and that was noproblem. So i don't know what was the poblem.. Anyhow, i can capture video now. Thx for your help!

(nice video on your website°!)

greetz