some minor problems w/2.5
    chromafresh
    super8 member

some minor problems w/2.5

by chromafresh » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:59 am

o New layer click/drag eccentricity.
    can you please look into this?

previous behavior:

we used to be able to select and move layers up and down in their heirarchy (order) all with a single click and drag.

now:

a straight click/drag doesn't select a layer but moves whatever layer was already selected at the beginning of the click/drag action.
    one has to click to select and then click and drag again as a seperate action!
    perhaps its just that the interface is slower?

o preset for transformers saved, but not actually active?
    hard to explain. but, some characteristics of transformer presets like geometry type in the patch, or the alpha and size "start" and "end" of the particles don't save properly.
    when I load the presets, the interface shows that the settings are correct, however the actual patch or particle is showing incorrect results in the preview window.
    Come to think of it, the "patch" often reverts to its most default setting.

o copying layers doesn't copy its characteristics.
    this happens so randomly that its hard to pin down when and where its happening, so I've hesitated to mention it even though this problem has been around since at least 2.0. but often layers are copied and none of the settings come with it. sometimes the settings appear to reset in the interface, however the copy is displaying correctly.
    anyone seen this one?

o alpha occasionally becomes inactive when using particles?
    Sometimes when selecting footage to replace footage already used as a particle transformation, the new footage's alpha seems to become inactive as if the footage was a rectangular movie without alpha.

o masking module RFI?
    I still haven't figured out how to use the masking module.
    It looks like it treats alpha in reverse of how it should?
    I must be misunderstanding, because it shouldn't be this hard.

o +/-/++ RFI
    I totally agree with the making the layer "+" etc buttons react properly for with groups A/B. I'm still hoping we can someday get a global "copy all of A to B" function of some kind!!

Sorry some of these are harder to track down than others! The above two are particularly frustrating.

Still PPC 1.33MHz Powerbook, Tiger