Master speed at 0 and clips still play
  • deckard97

Master speed at 0 and clips still play

by deckard97 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:44 pm

Hi,

I use the X-session midi controller and have set one of the midi buttons to "STILL", so when I push it once "STILL" lights up and sets Master speed at 0 and when I push it a second time, "STILL" comes off and resets Master speed to its original value.

Sometimes the Master Speed is set at 0 and videoclips still play.
    This is bad because I often set master speed at 0 to "pause" everything when I'm about to send a video clip on precise cue.

Is this a bug, is there something I can try and report back to you?

thanks
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:21 am

I know that when the masterspeed is at 0, the auto things are still running, I assume the bpm module too, so if you link the bpm to your clip's position knob it will still be playing... now, if you don't have anything like that.. I don't know what's going on...
  • deckard97

by deckard97 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:27 pm

Nope, I don't use modules.

could it be that when a layer is invisible (OFF state), it does not register MASTER commands like the Master speed = 0, so that if I set Master speed = 0 when the layer is invisible, then set the layer to visible it does not know that Master speed = 0?
  • deckard97

Still not fixed

by deckard97 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:10 pm

Hello,

this issue is still not fixed in M8 2.5. Still using the X-session midi controller, I have assigned a push button to hold the "STILL" button down (thus setting master speed at 0) and sometimes clips in layers are still playing.

thanks.
  • frederic

by frederic » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:13 pm

I have the same trouble on the new version. sometimes the clip are still playing even if the speed is on 0. I need to touch the speed to max and 0 to still it. Is it a bug ?