greenish black and green flashs
  • Mathieu St-Arnaud

greenish black and green flashs

by Mathieu St-Arnaud » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:42 pm

Hello !

Used Modul8 for a few TV shows and very please with the results overall.

I did encounter and i'm wondering if someone else as had these issues :

1 - the black (from movie clip, still clip, no clip at all) seems to have a greenish tint to it. I didnt notice it when using projectors but it was very apparent in LED walls.

2 - I had an issue once where i would get flashs of green in all outputs; it would get more and more frequent until I restarted the computer.

m.
    yves@garagecube
    master

Re: greenish black and green flashs

by yves@garagecube » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:06 pm

These are very weird problems I never heard about. Please could you describe your hardware setup. Also do you have the same kind of problems when you are using monitors ?

Yves.
  • vjrei

by vjrei » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:14 am

That green color happens to me with leds as well, is not a Modul8 thing, it is more a compuer output thing using composit cables. If you use VGA cables you will get your black as it should. The same happens with palsma screens sometimes and ever worse.
  • Mathieu St-Arnaud

by Mathieu St-Arnaud » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:04 pm

Hello,

I have verified and the cabling was indeed switching to composite althought I was sending VGA. They technicians converted my VGA signal thru a scanconverter for abling reasons. This would explain the greenish black background.

As for the green flashs, I was using a G5 Intel 2ghz with 2gig of ram with 4 X Nvidia for a total of 7 outputs + 1 monitor.

I had the setup running for 5 days straight (24h) and was doing some editing in After Effect and Final Cut while playing back from Modul8. On the 6th day (the show), I started getting these green flashs. Restarting modul8 didnt stop it, restarting the comp did. Never happenned again, but I never had 7 outputs running 6 days straight since !

Thanks,

m.