RETHINK YOUR AUTHORIZATION STRATEGY
  • shiva01

RETHINK YOUR AUTHORIZATION STRATEGY

by shiva01 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:32 pm

Dear Garagecube-Team,

if you use a tight authorization strategy as you do,
    it is a must to keep your server up and running...

...even on weekends!

Yesterday I couldn`t deliver as ordered to my customer because it was
    impossible to shift from one machine to another.

I never want this happen to me again.

greetz, s01
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:50 pm

As you work with computers, you should know that crashes are not a human mistakes in most of the cases... I lost my 100go hard disk last year, I lost everything as I didn't do backup...
    I know they tried to repair this during the whole week-end, I don't know if it's repaired yet but there is one thing I don't understand... why you had to authorise modul8 60 minutes before presenting something to your client... With one license you can install modul8 on two machines!! If you share your license, you should reconsider this option for the future...
    Boris will certainly explain what happend saturday... but don't be too hard with them, shit happens and it's maybe bigger shit for them as they have to manage all the "unhappy"users as fast as possible...
    yves@garagecube
    master

Re: RETHINK YOUR AUTHORIZATION STRATEGY

by yves@garagecube » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:02 pm

Unfortunately we had a bad crash disk on our server - it is the first time in three years that it happen. We worked all the week-end to get everything back to normal. For users who needed an emergency solution, we sent them a special time limited version of Modul8 which does not require registration.

We plan to add a secondary server at a different location, so it won't happen anymore.

We are very sorry for these authorization problems.
  • red-i

I'm happy!

by red-i » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:26 pm

...just as a note: -Boris & Yves deliver excellent service and are always VERY deligent when there's a problem -even if it's not the softwares fault (the latest quicktime issue...).
    NOTHING is infallable!

Great going guys! (-even if there's some 'grumpy-pots' amungst us - lol.
    2 thumbs up!
  • ProjectileObjects
    activ8 member

Re: RETHINK YOUR AUTHORIZATION STRATEGY

by ProjectileObjects » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 pm

This also applies to MadMapper licenses but in a different way. We only get two full resets a year and then it takes more than a 24 hour period to get it reset. I'm currently going on 2 days because I needed to send back my computers repair confirmation. Why doesn't your software just realize that my computer has the exact same serial number and go from there???