Quicktime 7.1.6
    yves@garagecube
    master

Quicktime 7.1.6

by yves@garagecube » Wed May 02, 2007 9:46 am

The new Quicktime update 7.1.6 seems to fix the famous performance problems (loop, etc.) of the V7.1.5.

If you installed the 7.1.5, I strongly recommend that you update. Also if are using Modul8 V2.5.4, it will resurrect CoreVideo support in Modul8 which were disabled for the QT V7.1.5 - in other words performances will be back to normal.

Yves.
  • bratch
    super8 member

by bratch » Thu May 03, 2007 3:26 pm

Hi,
    i've installed the new Quicktime update 7.1.6 and i have a problem in M8 playing any photo jpeg movie. H264 is OK. Does anybody knows this pb?

Bratch
    Mac pro 2,66 dual core intel xeon
    Ram : 5 giga
    Raid 0 hard drive
    Quicktime 7.1.6
    M8 2.5.4
  • bratch
    super8 member

pb with quicktime 7.1.6 and M8

by bratch » Thu May 03, 2007 4:17 pm

I've seen that when i put any pixel FX, the photo jpeg clip is no more white and i see the movie (with the effect of course)? does anyone has this pb?... it's more than anoying because i can't use M8 (all my clips are in photojpeg... :cry: )
    yves@garagecube
    master

Re: pb with quicktime 7.1.6 and M8

by yves@garagecube » Thu May 03, 2007 6:28 pm

I was not able to reproduce this problem on a similar machine.

Please could you elaborate a bit:

- What do you mean by "it is no more white" ?
    - You have only problems when you enable effects ? What effects are you using ?

Also it could be useful if you send us a link to one of your movie to support[at]garagecube.com so we can see if we can reproduce the problem here.

Yves.
  • bratch
    super8 member

by bratch » Thu May 03, 2007 7:49 pm

Yves,
    j'ai une image blanche à la place de mon film lorsque je joue un fichier en photojpeg. Je le vois correctement dans mon preview mais j'ai un rectangle blanc sur mon output (vidéoprojecteur ou écran LCD).
    J'ai remarqué que lorsque j'appliquais un pixel FX (n'importe lequel)à ce film photojpeg, je voyais alors mon image , mais avec l'effet.
    Je n'ai pas ce pb en lisant des films en H264 ni animation+.
    Je n'avais pas ce pb avec la version 7.1.5 ni avant.
    Ah, et bien sûr lorsque je lis ces même films directement sur quicktime, j'ai mon image, tout est nickel.
    Voilà. Merci pour cette réponse rapide en tout cas. :wink:
    Last edited by bratch on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Thu May 03, 2007 8:14 pm

Si tu joues le film sur le même écran (avec l'output pas en plein écran) que se passe-t-il ?

Combien de cartes graphiques sont installées dans la machine ?

Yves.
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Fri May 04, 2007 9:01 am

If you have more than one graphic card in your Mac and you are using only two outputs (one for the interface and one for the composition) you should always connect the two outputs to the same graphic cards.

Yves.
  • bratch
    super8 member

by bratch » Fri May 04, 2007 12:26 pm

yves@garagecube wrote:If you have more than one graphic card in your Mac and you are using only two outputs (one for the interface and one for the composition) you should always connect the two outputs to the same graphic cards.

Yves.

J'ai 4 cartes graphiques (3 cartes 7300GT et 1 carte X1900XT)
    Ma config :
    1 LCD 1280*1024 pour l'interface branché sur 1 carte 7300GT
    2 LCD 1280*1024 pour l'output ,branchés sur les 2 sorties d'une 2° carte 7300GT

Si je joue le film sur quicktime sur les 2 écrans et que j'envoie M8 aprés (sans full screen), mon quicktime joue normalement.
    Si je joue M8 en plein écran (sur mes 2 écrans), j'ai un film blanc à la place de mon film.

Si je branche mon interface et un écran Output sur la même carte graphique, j'ai mon image en fullscreen
    Si je rajoute un autre LCD sur une 2° carte, cette sortie est blanche.
    Je ne sais pas si je suis trés clair...

Sur toutes ces config, je n'utilise que les cartes 7300GT.
    Merci
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Fri May 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Autrement dit, dès qu'un troisième écran est branché sur une deuxième carte, le film est blanc. Alors que si tu utilises deux écrans sur la même carte tout marche correctement.

C'est clairement un problème lié à la multiprojection. Le moteur de Modul8 utilise un chemin différent lorsque plus de deux sorties sont connectées sur le MacPro.

Je vais faire des tests pour voir si QT 7.1.6 poserait de nouveaux problèmes dans le contexte de la multiprojection.

Yves.
  • bratch
    super8 member

by bratch » Fri May 04, 2007 3:50 pm

Pas tout a fait exact
    Si j'utilise la même carte pour mon interface et un écran output, tout va bien, mais du coup je ne suis pas en multiprojection.
    Si je rajoute 1 second écran pour faire de la multiprojection, je le branche donc sur une 2° carte et là, j'ai toujours mon 1° écran output avec mon film qui est bon, mais le 2° écran output lui est blanc (je fais chevaucher le film sur les 2).Toujours en photojpeg...
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Fri May 04, 2007 10:36 pm

please, could we try to be consistent with languages. modul8 is a wonderful tool, but I am not going to learn french in order to get support I need. I agree that it would be much easier to explain the problems in estonian, but I can get by with english, because I have doubts that you would understand me any better.
    so when you start the thread in english please stay in english too.
    could you summarize in english what was said in french, please.
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Sat May 05, 2007 9:28 am

Yes. Sorry for that.

Basically, multi-projection is broken on Bratch's configuration since V7.1.6 of Quicktime.

When Modul8 sees that there is more than two monitors connected, it enters a special mode which organizes the textures in a different way than the usual dual outputs mode. The aim of this special mode is to allow the textures to be rendered from different graphic cards which have different VRam. When the texture memory is not shared correctly across different video cards, you will have white polygons instead of the video frame content on secondary cards.

The reason H.264 works is that due to a memory bug in QT, I'm not using CoreVideo acceleration for this specific codec.

Now I'll try to see asap if this is a new global problem of QT 7.1.6 related to multiple video card shared texture or if it's a problem related to the specific configuration of Bratch.

Of course if you did the QT7.1.6 update and you are using multiprojection, I'd like to know if you also see this kind of problem.

Yves.
  • bratch
    super8 member

by bratch » Sat May 05, 2007 11:57 am

Yes, i'm a bit worry cause i'm having a gig in a week so, i really hope this pb will be resolved :lol:
    And for french talking, i wouldn't have been able to explain it well in english, so...thanks Yves for translation :wink:
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Sat May 05, 2007 1:39 pm

bratch wrote:Yes, i'm a bit worry cause i'm having a gig in a week so, i really hope this pb will be resolved :lol:
    And for french talking, i wouldn't have been able to explain it well in english, so...thanks Yves for translation :wink:

I'll do my best to find a solution during the week. If it takes longer, send an email to support[at]garagecube.com and I'll do a special build with the CoreVideo path disabled.

Yves.
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Mon May 07, 2007 6:08 pm

You were right, multiprojection is broken under QT V7.1.6. I'll try to find a workaround asap.

Yves.