Video Ram vs Performance
  • Doerak

Video Ram vs Performance

by Doerak » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:02 am

Hi. I have a question. How does the amount of video ram exactly affects performance?

I ask this because I got a PowerBook 15" with 64MB vram (latest series), and I couldn't wait for the three weeks BTO 128MB model. Was this a bad choice?

PS How is 2.0 coming along? I'm already beginning to master the mighty Python language!!
    yves@garagecube
    master

Re: Video Ram vs Performance

by yves@garagecube » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:16 pm

Doerak wrote:Hi. I have a question. How does the amount of video ram exactly affects performance?

I ask this because I got a PowerBook 15" with 64MB vram (latest series), and I couldn't wait for the three weeks BTO 128MB model. Was this a bad choice?

PS How is 2.0 coming along? I'm already beginning to master the mighty Python language!!

Modul8 works pretty well with 64MB... I don't think it is that critical. Main memory is more important.

Regarding the V2.0, yes it is going pretty well. It is a huge work but we are really getting closer to the beta. It's good that you master the Python language, we'll need beta testers for the script side of Modul8. :D

Yves.
  • Doerak

by Doerak » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:24 pm

Cool. I would love to beta-test. I was waiting for the 2.0 release to buy it, but if I have to be a registered user to beta test the 2.0 release, I will order it right away. I am pretty confident it will be my main VJ program from then on.

I found mastering Python pretty easy. I was used to Perl and PHP so it wasn't that hard. Actually I am also looking into making cocoa apps with PyObjC. It works very nice. I have already some cool ideas for modules I would like to program (the possibilities are endless).
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:18 pm

Well, Python is not a very difficult language, especially if you have already some programming background. BTW never tried PyObjC, but it sounds like a pretty interesting project.

Yves.
  • Doerak

by Doerak » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:43 pm

Yeah it is. And I am also making the move from PHP -> Python for web programming. Your M8 2.0 has a great impact on me as you can see! :-)