Multiple Projection in 4800x1080 Pixel Help
  • bennoklandt

Multiple Projection in 4800x1080 Pixel Help

by bennoklandt » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi all

I am planing a multiprojection for an encore system.

My output resolution should be 4800x1080 pixel wit a ratio aspect of 44:1.

We use 3 HD Beamers with an encore and watchout system.
    I allready have a Mac Pro 3.0 xenon 8 core with 16 GB ram, Nvidia 4500 quatro and a ATI Radeon X1900 XT dual link. I was planing to send out 3 x dvi each in a resolution of 1600x1080 pixel.
    My questions are:
    1.Is it posible to play one big file from M8 to output on the graphic cards
    2.How do I have to set up the panel and advanced output settings
    3.as we use prcticly 3 HD Beamers with each a 16:9 HD resolution Content how do I calculate the aspect ratio of 44:1 in the footage I will produce in Combustion.
    4. is the photo jepg codec ok for QT 7.2 or do I have to change the codec into Motion Jepg or an other (better codev) like the H264

Thanks

Benno
  • RickRobiN
    activ8 member

by RickRobiN » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:46 am

Working on a "same" project. I suggestst>, test test and test everthing on your own system... Never trust some words online ;)
    Only thing I can advice is to make a raid 0 with two extra harddrives in your macpro. Photojpg is imho still better than h264 if you work with hd. Just try different jpg setiings untill the system van handle it (still jpg75 is easygoing on a mac,)

btw some maths. The audience has to be in the range of max 2,5 times the screendiameter, otherwise you will never see it's hd... (1080 is not easy!! i keep it with 720p)

Good luck!

cheers RR
  • bennoklandt

Cool sugestion 720p

by bennoklandt » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi Robin,
    got 3 750 HD s and I WILL use 720p!
    sound good, impressive website.... cool stuff, like it, what kind of graphic cards are you using for multiple projektions and what is your general set if I may ask?
    Are you in Germany our New York some times...?
    Thanks for your Infos
    cheers

Benno
  • RickRobiN
    activ8 member

by RickRobiN » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:06 am

what kind of graphic cards are you using for multiple projektions and what is your general set if I may ask?

macbook pro 2.17 ghz 256 ati card+ dualhead/tripplehead2go + raid0firewire800
    Now planning to use a old quad g5 + 4x geforce 6600 or gonna need three scannies with my tripplehead2go >>>I need some bnc output instead of vga for a gig

Are you in Germany our New York some times...?

Funny, I can go to to NY now for a cooperate clip, but I prefer some freestyle time here in Amsterdam to work on my footage. Will be there for sure soon.
    And next summer I will be in Berlin for some weeks....
    cheers RR