Toggle issue with Keys and Midi
    makemassair

Toggle issue with Keys and Midi

by makemassair » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:52 pm

Hi.

How do I set up modul8 and various buttons so that they I press either a pad on a trigger finger or a keyboard key it turn's the fx on and then off.

How it is set up at the moment is it either turns the fx on and not off again. Or it only works whilst the pad/key is depressed.

I've setup a pad as a Note On/Off Toggle within Enigma (Trigger Finger Midi Config thing) and it will turn the Contrast Pixel FX on, but pressing the Pad again it doesn't turn it off. I have to use the mouse to do this.

I've setup the Flip section for the Transformer as both (at sep times) Keys and Pads but they only change when depressed and only to the next F aspect/rotation. They don't cycle thru the 4 'F's as happens when clicking with a mouse.

This happens again when using Keys to activate a Filter Layer. I have to keep the key depressed to have the layer activated.

The only work around I have found for this is to press and hold the key and using the arrow keys change my selected layer. It then holds the filter on. But it means I have to then go back into the layer and then tweak things. It feels like I am missing some setup here.

I've looked thru the manual and not found anything. Same with searching on here.

I hope that makes sense. I have a fairly large gig this weekend and it will be my time using modul8 out so wanna get it all setup.

:D
    nutta as yet.
  • sonicslice
    activ8 member

by sonicslice » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:59 pm

This is because, as far as I can tell, modul8 does not discriminate between note data and controller data, all it does is accept whatever information it is, take the id (note number or controller number and channel number) then associate that with the control - for buttons, it takes the data byte and uses 0 for off and 1-127 for on - if you can set up the buttons on the trigger finger to toggle between outputting a note at a velocity of 1 on the first push and 0 on the second then you can use it easily - or you could do the same with a controller.

I noticed this when trying to map midi notes of the same note number as controllers I had used on the same channel and it kept on grabbing the assignment from each other..