Multiple cameras?
  • pernordin

Multiple cameras?

by pernordin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:51 pm

Is it possible to have multiple cameras? I would like to have different cameras to different layers. But as far as I can see and understand, I can only have one live video feed.

Another option would be to have a quick way to switch between camera sources, without needing to go to prefs. This would work just as well for me, at this time, since I right now dont need to have several simultanious videos. Having multiple cameras and being able to switch in real time which of the feeds is to be active would be great. Going via prefs is not doable in a live situation.

Im going on a tour next week, and even if this is not vital, it would be very nice to have one cam on each musician that I can switch between.
  • sonicslice
    activ8 member

by sonicslice » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:11 pm

You could write a quartz patch which would work around this I think, but i don't think a FW bus could handle all of that info really not without high latencies and low frame rates, including all the decompression recompression etc. would give you just a bunch of stills...
  • benga

by benga » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:31 am

it is possible using flash objects, as long as you have independent inputs on you computer. Two device on firewire can conflict, causing only one to appear in the "source" options. happened with a DV recorder and a DV CAM, both plugged in via firewire. only one was available
    see
    http://www.garagecube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3577
    cie sisyphe heureux
  • dvdan

by dvdan » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:57 pm

it is possible to input multiple cameras into a mac and quicktime can handle it - I have seen VDMX work with 4 live sources. If there are others (besides me) who want this capability in Modul8, speak up! I have been asking for this since '05.