Do these work with Modul8?
  • BASS:FRQ

Do these work with Modul8?

by BASS:FRQ » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:03 am

Sorry but I am in the stages of buying this app and dont fully understand its plug in compatibility. Where do you find extra plug-ins for this app if these are not compatible?

http://www.noiseindustries.com/fxfactory/

Thanks a billion!

That noise place has some neat plug-ins I wanna use...
  • technomorph
    activ8 member

Re: Do these work with Modul8?

by technomorph » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:21 am

BASS:FRQ wrote:Sorry but I am in the stages of buying this app and dont fully understand its plug in compatibility. Where do you find extra plug-ins for this app if these are not compatible?

http://www.noiseindustries.com/fxfactory/

Thanks a billion!

That noise place has some neat plug-ins I wanna use...

wow this really feels like spam???

What does this have to do with MODUL8?
    VjKg
    super8 member

by VjKg » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:25 am

Some of these work with limited function as they offer Quartz composer options. With more Quartz support that many are screaming for it may work better. The original poster does not know much about how these programs work. The FXFactory software is more of a plugin sorting app that allows for updates, sorting and for third parties to develop effects plugins. They are mostly for Motion and FCP, but as some are actual referencing composer files they can be used, again with limited function in many cases as M8 does not support all aspects of Quartz Composer Files.
  • BASS:FRQ

by BASS:FRQ » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:02 pm

VjKg wrote:Some of these work with limited function as they offer Quartz composer options. With more Quartz support that many are screaming for it may work better. The original poster does not know much about how these programs work. The FXFactory software is more of a plugin sorting app that allows for updates, sorting and for third parties to develop effects plugins. They are mostly for Motion and FCP, but as some are actual referencing composer files they can be used, again with limited function in many cases as M8 does not support all aspects of Quartz Composer Files.

OK, Thanks a ton!
    I am still trying fully understand Quartz Composer. I have kind of an understanding, but I am lost at the same time. Well the plugs at FxFactory are that plug-ins. They can be used with Motion and FCP so I thought, since both of them can use Quartz, they were all based on the same technology. I guess there are going to be compatibility issues with those plug-ins. Guess I need to read more.

Thanks for the help!