Logical Record always crashes
  • spongemonkey

Logical Record always crashes

by spongemonkey » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Logical Record used to work for me but no longer.
    It doesn't seem to matter what codec I use or length of project, it always crashes at some point in the render.
    I have tried it with both 2.5.4 and the 2.5.5 beta, and I get the same results... Or lack of results I should say.

I am on a MacBook Pro, and have the latest Quicktime installed.

I am pulling my clips from an external drive, and I have tried rendering both too the external drive and to the internal drive. Both crash.

Is there any good fix for this?
    Anyone else having this issue?
    I would really like to have this function back!
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:30 pm

you might want to check your hard drive.
    disk warrior is good.
    this sort of crash usually means the drive directory is confused.
  • Realmyop

by Realmyop » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:22 pm

I have the same problem , but , nothing to do with my hard drive. Modul8 crash only when I change the videos of a group (You're in group A and change video set from 1 to 2 for exemple) when there is one of the layer in group A 2 who is already running. I don't know why but it always been like it. Today I've experiment new bug , because even if all the layers are stop in group A2 I crash.
    Maybe it will help you, and if there is another solution , I will ve glad to know it.
  • spongemonkey

by spongemonkey » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:31 am

So I have done iDefrag and cleaned up both my Macbook HD and my external, I have run Disk Warrior and done all I can there.
    It is still crashing. Seems to crash 5 frames in.

I take it I am alone in this crash?
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:17 pm

I would have a problem with logical record. Always thought that was a limitation of my system so I have not use this option for very long time. I do not know what you mean by crash, but my system becomes frozen and I never had time to wait, but force quit modul8.
    Recording method in modul and rendering has been working OK.
  • spongemonkey

by spongemonkey » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:47 am

By crash, I mean the program would just pretty much close and give me a dialog box saying it has unexpectedly closed.

I have now found that sometimes, I can do a logical record as long as it is only for a few minutes. But even that is unreliable.

I just installed Leopard, so I'll see if that helps at all.
    eyeborg

by eyeborg » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:29 pm

i have a similar problem... i can only render a logical record that is either very simple, or else less than a minute long. M8 freezes otherwise, and i have to force quit. very annoying! any tips?

grete x
  • spongemonkey

by spongemonkey » Mon May 19, 2008 11:04 pm

Just out of curiosity, would it help at all to show someone at GarageCube the crash log file?
    From what it looks like to my vastly un-trained eye, that crash happens due to something related to Open GL... Or at least that is what the info after the crash eludes to.
    boris
    garageCube team

by boris » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:57 am

spongemonkey wrote:Just out of curiosity, would it help at all to show someone at GarageCube the crash log file?
    From what it looks like to my vastly un-trained eye, that crash happens due to something related to Open GL... Or at least that is what the info after the crash eludes to.

Yes crashlog can be help a lot.
    Also send a project to us, to reproduce the bug will be nice.
    You can send crash log and projects at the support :
    support --**A*T**-- garagecube.com

Thank you.

Did you test it with the last 2.5.5 Beta version (beta3) ?
    Boris * garageCube team
    Ropski

solution?

by Ropski » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:26 am

Today we finally had a breaktrough with this problem.

We had similar problems as written above and we were scratchin' our heads off.. didn't know what to do....

BUT

It seems M8 does not release its memory after closing a project, and when opening a new project and loading it with footage which has been used in another project some of the clips still were linked to the previous project which caused the 'freeze' and also crashes, EXTREMELY slow loading of clips, which combined with fast switching of clips caused crashes in rendering logical record.

THE SOLUTION (to us)

just use footage in a single project. After that we did not experience any kind of annoying failure which made our saturdayevening suck :p

We're now off to party, BUT, we will test some more later on...... 8) 8)

ciao, Oozi & Ropski