8 core problems resolved!
  • ilan

8 core problems resolved!

by ilan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce that problems with modul8 running on 8 core systems have been resolved. Fixing this problem requires that you install the latest drivers for ATI video cards. You can download them from the following link:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ ... pdate.html

If you are still experiencing performance problems with modul8 on 8 core systems please do not hesitate to contact us at support * AT * garagecube.com

Kind regards,
    Last edited by ilan on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • JJHP3
    activ8 member

by JJHP3 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi Ilan

This is both good news and perhaps not-so-good... the ATI2600 update has been causing much complaint on the Mac Pro boards of late with the consensus being DON"T use the update unless one is having problems during gaming. Users say the update adds an extra 23 watts of power usage (that's a lot for vid card) and the Mac Pro's fans are on high all the time. The update is not intended for all ATI2600 users it seems, just a few folks who are having overheating problems. Much is confusing here - I'm about to take delivery of a MP 2.8 with the ATI card, so I'll throw in my opinion based on fact not forums asap.

John
  • RickRobiN
    activ8 member

by RickRobiN » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:24 am

Yep, noisy 2k fan speed on the HD/Expansion 1k on the Exhaust but no crashes and modul8 is working fine. (didn't test it during a gig)

But the apple problem with "white screen" after a hard reboot after and the screen artifacts problems are solved now, at least I think so /hope so..

btw love the mac pro 08 vs modul8 vs AE8 in 2008

cheers RR