Projector setup - can anyone help please?
  • Dom

Projector setup - can anyone help please?

by Dom » Mon May 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi all, wonder if someone can help me please, I've searched the forum and read through the manual but can't seem to find the answer, simple as it probably is (total beginner)- I would like to start using modul8 but I just can't get the output to show on a projector. I am using a mbp with NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT, and I have tried following the steps in the manual for setting up the display output but am having no luck at all, have to go fullscreen and then lose the interface....am I missing something fundamental here? Any help would be much appreciated...Thanks. :oops:
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Mon May 12, 2008 10:25 pm

try turning off video mirroring in the MBP system preferences/monitors
  • Dom

by Dom » Tue May 13, 2008 10:07 am

Thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it - I am able to view the output window on the projector/2nd display but am unable to fill the screen. If I go fullscreen it is applied to the monitor and the output display is blank. I am able to stretch the output screen a little but not enough to be full screen. Could you tell me what I am missing here? Thanks for your patience..
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Tue May 13, 2008 5:38 pm

hmmm...

in the mac os display prefs/arrangement..
    make sure the toolbar is on your main monitor - you can drag it if it isn't
    then command U to go full screen.
  • JoelDittrich.se

by JoelDittrich.se » Thu May 15, 2008 8:54 pm

make sure you are in DUAL SCREEN MODE and then restart modul8 and then chose cmd+U or do th esame from the meny - change m8s output to go to your 2nd part of the desktop...?

Might work...
    VJ_JeSs
    activ8 member

by VJ_JeSs » Fri May 16, 2008 12:19 pm

Go to menu "output > advance output setup" and uncheck the "advance output enable" tick box in the top left corner (if it is checked of course!).

By default the advance output setup (wich you don't need for normal M8 use) will send the output to the main video output (your computer screen).

It might just be that.

Good luck!
  • nine09

mbp 2nd monitor not recognised... except for ACD

by nine09 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:56 pm

i'm having a similar problem... when connecting a macbook pro 2.4 ghz Intel / 10.4.10 to an epson projector, it receives the signal fine and projects the second screen. no problem there.

but then i open modul8 and it says i only have 1 monitor + full screen mode only works on the macbook, not on the 2nd screen. desktop + windows remain visible on the 2nd screen, i can move things around but the image is jittery and the mouse keeps bouncing back to the 1st screen.

• i have the same problem when connecting an Archos as 2nd screen, but it works fine on an apple cinema display
    • quicktime works full screen no problem on 2nd display
    • in modul8: tried with and w/o advanced output
    • in display prefs: tried different configs/resolutions (detect displays works)
    • also tried DVI/video/Svideo cables, F7, rebooting... nothing works

strangely all this works perfectly on my other and unfortunately soon to be RIP mbp 2.33 ghz Intel / 10.4.11. where am i going wrong??

modul8 just doesn't seem to want to recognise the 2nd screen on this mac. any words of wisdom would be appreciated ....