more movies please
  • jason5d

more movies please

by jason5d » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:14 pm

I work for a video screen company who supply video displays for raves and festivals. We've been considering your software for use in our shows because of the quality - very sharp! even on low rez movies.
    Quality and image is everything to our business hance why we've only used compouters as video servers and mixed with an mx50
    shame we'll never be able loose the mixer - computers crash

i've put together the following system from some of our kit:

g5 dual 1.8 1gb ram
    ati 9800 128 mac edition
    tascam fw1884 control interface
    4 slice 10k scsi160 hard drive array - data rate of 150 MB per second sustained

I tried the system with a radeon 8500 and it sucked the frame rate dropped to about 1 frame per 10 seconds

we tend to use around 1000 loops at an event so the 60 odd movies u can load in to modul8 is rather inadiquate is there a way to add more?

Performance is not as good as i'd would have expected on such a fast system does modul8 somehow not use the full data rate the scsi array kicks out?
    yves@garagecube
    master

Re: more movies please

by yves@garagecube » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:47 pm

There is definitively something wrong somewhere (1 frame per 10 seconds on a dual G5 is difficult to obtain even with all the effects enabled).

Is your Radon 8500 card a PCI card used as a secondary output ? It would explain such bad performances.

Version 2.0 is still limited to 80 medias, however we plan to revise the media panel in the future.

Yves.