Berhinger BFC 2000
  • Alive

Berhinger BFC 2000

by Alive » Tue May 10, 2005 7:55 pm

Hi,
    I was wondering if a Berhinger BFC2000 could match with Modul8, or what where the best controllers to plug as Midi/Contextual map...
    Does anyone knows or tried ?
    Thanks for your answers !
    chromafresh
    super8 member

by chromafresh » Wed May 11, 2005 6:37 am

The Behringer BCR-2000 (the one with the knobs not faders) isn't bad. I've had pretty good experience with this so far.
    Also theres a brief thread in the "lounge" forum about the mawzer controller which looks expensive, but amazing:

http://www.mawzer.com/index.htm
  • skyvat
    activ8 member

by skyvat » Fri May 13, 2005 7:26 pm

Any reports on the fader model? They are sold out most places in the USA but I'm interested in an report.
    nesral
    activ8 member

by nesral » Sat May 14, 2005 12:58 pm

like chromafresh i have a bcr 2000 (sorry not bcf..) and it's a great midi controller :D
  • Alive

by Alive » Sun May 15, 2005 8:11 pm

I'm still wondering wether I buy or not. I've been trying an UC33... no great success : my contextual map wasn't remembered, and I sometimes had to plug in/out (live) for it to be recognized (regarding I could have made a mistake somewhere... but where?).
    About BCR : are knobs endless ? what about contextual map : does changing layer set allows you to start again on your presets ? most of all : PC or Mac ?
    Read U all
  • matzeking

by matzeking » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:28 am

i have the bcr too.
    its very easy to setup... no software needed just plug in the usb cabel, and thats it. the knobs are endless. you can edit the knob style from 0% to 100% or 50/50 = start at 0% +/- 50% left or right (like a EQ) very cool...
  • skyvat
    activ8 member

by skyvat » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:26 am

Snagged a BCF-2000 about a month ago and just got around to making some M8 files that use it. The english manual is terrible I hope it is better for those who speak German! Other than that - so far I'm really into it.

Recommended.

dan
    xrayconcept

by xrayconcept » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:55 am

Yes it's easy to configure and use with M8... Compared to M-audio MK-461C it's seems easier to configure for Midi newbies like us/// the M-AUDIO manuals doesn't explain HOW to make the Notes toggle ON/OFF... I'm despered If some one can help us on that it could be very usefull...
    To go back to the BCF 2000 it's easy to understand and you'll Have fun on it.
    Pierre
    Pixray > xray concept
    Xray C Blog
  • skyvat
    activ8 member

Continuous controllers and motor faders

by skyvat » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:26 pm

Played my first gig with the BCF and it performed just fine.

I was not able to get Modul8 to properly recognize the "relative" settings on the BCF - where the continuous controller is not straight values 0-127 but sees movement relative to the current position of the knob. This would be great to have for things like the rotaion knobs in M8 since you could spin them several times in any direction and not just max out 1 rotation at 127. Relative control seems to send numbers only at the extremes of the MIDI range - 0-2 if turned left and 125-127 if turned right. Can these numbers be interpreted properly by M8?

Also - i think this question was already asked in French - but the motor faders don't "send" values to M8 when presests change - though I think other programs can send MIDI out to the BCF and request those values. I don't know if M8 can do this right now. The motor fades are cool but it would be 10 times better if they avoided the 'value jump' as they are designed to do. Any ideas on how to make that work?

Thanks and respect,

Dan
    boris
    garageCube team

Re: Continuous controllers and motor faders

by boris » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:31 pm

skyvat wrote:Played my first gig with the BCF and it performed just fine.

I was not able to get Modul8 to properly recognize the "relative" settings on the BCF - where the continuous controller is not straight values 0-127 but sees movement relative to the current position of the knob. This would be great to have for things like the rotaion knobs in M8 since you could spin them several times in any direction and not just max out 1 rotation at 127. Relative control seems to send numbers only at the extremes of the MIDI range - 0-2 if turned left and 125-127 if turned right. Can these numbers be interpreted properly by M8?
    Dan

You can use the module system for this.
    Show the code from the "FADERFOX ADD-ON" module.
    This module use the encoder knob (Continuous controller) of the faderfox midi controler.

skyvat wrote:Also - i think this question was already asked in French - but the motor faders don't "send" values to M8 when presests change - though I think other programs can send MIDI out to the BCF and request those values. I don't know if M8 can do this right now. The motor fades are cool but it would be 10 times better if they avoided the 'value jump' as they are designed to do. Any ideas on how to make that work?
    Dan

We are working now to a solution midi out/feedback through the module system.
    Probably ready for the next release (2.1.0)
    Boris * garageCube team
  • skyvat
    activ8 member

by skyvat » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:18 am

Thanks Boris!

I guess I have to learn modules now...:oops:

Dan