Trace + transparency??
  • dvdan

Trace + transparency??

by dvdan » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:11 am

Page 30 of the Modul8 Manual reads:

"Trace Mode also allows you to generate motion blur effects when combined with transparency."

I am not figuring out how to do this. When I use trace, the trails that are left never fade and the screen quickly becomes overwhelmed with stale pixels. Having the traces fade over time would be great and make this a much more useful effect in my opinion. Do-able?

Hoping to try this tomorrow nite!

-Dan
    yves@garagecube
    master

Re: Trace + transparency??

by yves@garagecube » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:24 pm

dvdan wrote:Page 30 of the Modul8 Manual reads:

"Trace Mode also allows you to generate motion blur effects when combined with transparency."

I am not figuring out how to do this. When I use trace, the trails that are left never fade and the screen quickly becomes overwhelmed with stale pixels. Having the traces fade over time would be great and make this a much more useful effect in my opinion. Do-able?

Well, you are right, the trace mode is not a true motion blur. However when you use it with a layer that has a very high transparency, it mays produce "some kind of" motion blur effect. Of course, it does not replace a true motion blur at all.

Yves.

by Guest » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:18 pm

I'd like to see trace mode come with a time adjustable 'refresh' so that the background can be cleared after a set period (usually I would use 1-5 secs but wider range the better)

This thead just reminded me so I thought i'd post it here.