exporting the 'line in sound' in m8 impossible??
    Ropski

exporting the 'line in sound' in m8 impossible??

by Ropski » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:37 am

hi,

I'm wondering:

We make a live (midi triggered) sound, which I send to the computer by midi for the controls and with mini-jack for the sound in. Checking with the sound viewer modules it all looks fine, a happily rotating pot meeter and also 'sound' in system preferences shows a lively wave of sound.

now i have a nice image controlled with modules to the sound (and vice versa) in modul8.

Since this is soo cool, i want to record this. So i plugin a headphone (after checking if sound level pot meeters are wide open) -just to check- but no luck, there's no sound. veryfying with i-tunes which works perfect, no damaged motherboard whatsoever.

so we made a test-record. first capture to disk, later on render logical record. both files appeared without an audio track. :(

===> the question <======
    (sorry if i make a short question long.. ;)..)

what happened to the sound????????????? and, is it possible to get the sound? I therefore NEED the sound SYNC to the images, and want to record all in one time. (and publish it)

Since I'm not in the mood of putting a dvcam in front of a screen to do it 'analog' (I invested in digital stuff now) I really wanted to know if I made a big mistake here? my fault? or a bug in m8. or, what I'm led to believe right now is an impossibility in m8 (which would be really sad :cry:

:roll: anyone @ m8 ???

(just thought that m8 would evolve to a much different application in that way,.. so maybe I found already the answer???)

edit: i just wanted to add that i couldn't find this in the manual :idea:
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

by VJnutcracker » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:46 am

check in preferences, have you got "always ignore sound channels" ticked?

Did you turn the sound level out up on the interface?
  • ilan

by ilan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:42 pm

When exporting a quicktime movie from modul8 the movie will only contain image data. If you want to capture the resulting audio you will need to use an audio capture device or a audio capture software such as Hi-Jack.
    Ropski

thanks ilan

by Ropski » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:56 pm

thks, will try it with audacity :D

is this function in a future update of m8??
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:47 pm

or capture the output with a DV camera