Output Screen Black
  • phoenix

Output Screen Black

by phoenix » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:17 am

I've lost both the ability to output to my monitor or to see the output window on my desktop, even with the monitor cable disconnecte. The monitor is seen by OS X (10.5.6) and I've also done Detect Displays several times. I've rebooted. Nothing. Java & Security upgrade earlier today from Apple. This is also true for output window in Arkaos so I think it's a system thing & wondering if anyone else who did the upgrade today has experienced this. I'll also check apple forums. thanks.
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:33 am

Hi,
    I'm all up to date, md8 2.5.8, macos 10.5.6 and nothing to update from my apple menu and I still have my output window..

What's your configuration?
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:03 pm

it seems to have nothing to do with updates. I just installed one by one and all is well still.
    I get this only if I use Advanced Output and have no Clips selected on any output. I use a setting where I have no clip on main, but clip1 on output 2 and 3. This way I have one going out to the monitor-projector and on stays on my desktop.
  • phoenix

by phoenix » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:44 am

sigma6 wrote:Hi,
    I'm all up to date, md8 2.5.8, macos 10.5.6 and nothing to update from my apple menu and I still have my output window..

What's your configuration?

I've a dvi cable going to an NEC monitor. My laptop is correctly displayed iin Display Preferences on the bottom with the keyboard & the monitor above it. I've never had this issue before.

Full Screen does not function either in Modul8 or Arkaos for me at the moment.