Flash internet connection
  • knakker

Flash internet connection

by knakker » Wed May 13, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi,

I'm using SWF's in my modul8 setup, which works great, especially with the 2.5.8 version.

The only problem is that I can't get my SWF to connect to the internet from within modul8. I've tried all the security options that flash provides, but I think that the modul8 environment prevents the SWF from accessing the internet.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks,

Erik
    PS you can read more about the project at: http://vjmotionsickness.wordpress.com
  • jockety
    activ8 member

by jockety » Wed May 13, 2009 5:54 pm

I have no experience with flash or swf files, yet! Could you explain how modul8 works with flash swf files for me as i have tried looking for info on the web to no avail.
    thanks in advance.
  • knakker

by knakker » Wed May 13, 2009 7:24 pm

You can import an SWF into modul8 like it's a quicktime movie!
    The only problem is that the SWF cannot seem to load images or data...
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Thu May 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi,

When you open your swf file with the flash player application, is he asking to connect on the internet? I don't really remember if he ask for permission first. Anyway, I think modul8 doesn't support flash asking for things (like sound in or live feed). Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • knakker

by knakker » Thu May 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Yes I had to authorize the SWF on the adobe website. But even then, the SWF that's inside m8 won't connect to the internet. I got a reply from garagecube saying that a SWF inside m8 can access the file system but not the internet (using ftp: or http: is not possible)....

So now I'm looking for another solution to grab images from the internet and then somehow get them into my M8 SWF :-)