modul8 and dual cpu mac
  • julius

modul8 and dual cpu mac

by julius » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:35 am

hi,

i own a dual g5 and played around with the demo a bit, i really like the interface. i noticed that i have load on both cpu's, but thats (afaik) no hint if the app really takes advantage of it. anyway, the performance is very good.

other things:
    i noticed that someone asked for more live video inputs- that would be great.
    there were several people suggesting more oscillators for effect parameter automation. what about a special oscillator-window, and 3-5 user defined oscillators wich can be mapped to every value, so i could sync several layers. in addition, i would love bpm-synced sinus and sawtooth as seen in visualjockey.

one last question: what do you think about a player app for pre-made sets? so that i could create a composition, add some batch-scripting and all media files + project get saved in a big archive, so no one can modify it. the player app then wouldn't have a GUI, only a start button for fullscreen mode. (idiot-safe bar installation for example).
    could be something for version 3.x :P

/julius.
    yves@garagecube
    master

Re: modul8 and dual cpu mac

by yves@garagecube » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:27 am

julius wrote:hi,

i own a dual g5 and played around with the demo a bit, i really like the interface. i noticed that i have load on both cpu's, but thats (afaik) no hint if the app really takes advantage of it.

Yes it does. Modul8 is fully multi-threaded. For instance, some filters may be calculated by one CPU, while the second one decompresses the next frames of a movie. Modul8 is ready for machines with more than two CPUs too. A bi-processor machine with dual-core would be perfect :)

Yves.