Enttec DMX USB Pro
  • NickFranceschina

DMXIS with DMX USB PRO

by NickFranceschina » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:17 am

Sorry... I'm still a little confused...

I want to use the DMXIS software with the DMX USB PRO that I just purchased. Is this not possible? Does it have to be the DMXIS hardware as well?

THanks
  • JasonTschantre

by JasonTschantre » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:16 am

Hello,

I am a beginner with all this stuff. Have VJed a half dozen shows with modul8, a macbook pro, and one projector.

I just bought the dmx usb pro and can't figure out how to use it. Essentially mine is the same question that started this thread, how do I get it working? But I need more details, pertaining to using it with a mac. The drivers on the cd and the manual that shipped with the hardware all seems to be Windows specific. Where is the driver that goes with a mac?

I found this: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

but I don't know which driver to install.

I'm not sure if I even need to install a driver at all. Can anyone help, I don't know what else to say but I need a basic walkthrough of the steps.
  • bright!

by bright! » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:12 am

any news on the artnet functionality?
  • ilan

by ilan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Hey there Bright!

Artnet will come with the next version of Modul8. My apologies that I am not at liberty to say when that will be.
    ghostofelvis100
    activ8 member

Re: Enttec DMX USB Pro

by ghostofelvis100 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Just uploaded an update to the DMX fixture module. It's now in the online library as '(at) DMX Fixture (DMX)'. Version 1.3

New features include:

- Improved serialization (file saving)
    - Automatic range adjustment for all keywords whose values are not 0-1. ie 'ctrl_layer_mediaSet' etc.
    - Support for 'control_layer_position' values.
    - Built in fixture for 'layer_position'.

I'm now trying to figure how to receive DMX signals in 16bit, so that we can smooth out any jerky-ness. Any ideas? There's not much info in the manual.

From what I gather, to receive in 16bit, 2 channels are required. One for the 1st 8 bits, and the other or the 2nd 8 bits. How can this be achieved?
    - Is it an automatic thing where the hardware adds the values together, or would I have to code it in?
    - How can you tell which channels are paired?

Any help would be great.

: )