Problem with duplicate layer in V2.6
  • strictly

Problem with duplicate layer in V2.6

by strictly » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:46 am

The problem is simple. Every time I duplicate layers (using the ++ button), the duplicated layer is not centred. So if I want an exact duplication, I have to line up the two layers manually, which is hard if you are trying to be precise.

If you save and reopen a project, we have been finding that all previously layers are suddenly off centre.

This is happening with two copies of mod 8, and only just started happening last week after having no problems.

Second Problem:

I also have a glitch that has been happening for a long time now -
    1. make layer in Group A, play layer live (no problem)
    2. close layer, Group A is now black on output
    3. Switch to Group B - no problem
    4. Switch back to Group A, and suddenly a random layer is "live again", yet when you look at the layers, all of them are greyed/blacked/closed.
    5. If you quickly switch pages and then go back to the page with the problem, a layer which should be closed is open.

I don't know if this makes sense, tried to explain as best I could.
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:44 am

Hello Strictly,

For your first problem I have two points:

1 - Turn off all modules and see if the problem persists. Then try to find out what module is causing the problem.

2 - You can recenter a layer by a) selecting the layer b) double clicking anywhere in the preview window.

Please send a message to support at garagecube dot com with your serial number, and modul8 version info.

Also... when you write 'page' do you mean 'layer set'?