4 Live Video Input...
  • videsad

live cam

by videsad » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Hello
    i have get a sony Eye Cam. Works well. But there are a lot of noise.
    Is ti now possible to adjust the Image? Can i use two Eye cams?
    Hope So...

to VJnutcracker: 1 USB Input - superb quality image, tested capture size up to 2048x1536 - no problems
    How did you do That? With videoGlide?

greets from Stein Ar

videsad
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

by VJnutcracker » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:14 am

Yeah the VideoGlide drivers gives you the standard capture sizes (qvga, vga, pal etc) as well as a custom size option...the movie size is the size you specify, however i doubt theres any quality advantage in capturing at this size, i was just seeing what it could do.

I dont have any PS3 eye cams to test, but to get 2 of my usb units to work at the same time the capture size had to be reduced to 360x288.
    Also the VideoGlide drivers allows you to specify each capture units USB bandwidth, as standard they were all set to take 100% and had to be reduced to below 50%...i don't know if you can do that with the PS3 cam/driver.
  • videsad

codec for live input

by videsad » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:33 am

Hi

nice to become so much feedback. Its great.

:D :D :D

Wich Codec do you use for the Video Device?

For USB Cams:?

For DV Cam Input: ?

Greets Videsad
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

by VJnutcracker » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:23 pm

For the Video Glide devices - Uncompressed 10 bit.

Firewire - DV PAL
  • videsad

Codec

by videsad » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:21 pm

How it is with the dv Codec? Does this codec needs Moore CPU Power?
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

by VJnutcracker » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:33 pm

you get a bigger delay using DV than USB uncompressed, sorry i dont know the answer to your question...does codec affect live input?
  • videsad

Crash with Videoglide

by videsad » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Hello
    since two weeks i have massive Problems with my Sony Playstation Cam. I get a Crash and my Macbook Freezes. Shit....

:x

Do you have any idea? Is there a new version of Videoglide?

Greets videsad

25.6.2011 15:35

Crash Log After reinstall of videoglide and using two Sony Cams...
  • vanakaru
    master

Re: Crash with Videoglide

by vanakaru » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:05 pm

videsad wrote:Hello
    since two weeks i have massive Problems with my Sony Playstation Cam. I get a Crash and my Macbook Freezes. Shit....

:x

Do you have any idea? Is there a new version of Videoglide?

Greets videsad

25.6.2011 15:35

Crash Log After reinstall of videoglide and using two Sony Cams...

Is there a reason why do you use VideoGlide drivers. Sony PS cams work with macam
    http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/
    and specially well with openFramework ones
    http://www.openframeworks.cc/files/
  • B3Bear

by B3Bear » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:54 am

I'm trying to connect and use 4 USB webcams at the same time and I've run into a lot of trouble, but I'm not really sure what's causing it. Here's what I've found. I don't seem to have a problem running more then one of the same type of cam. I have two Logitech C910 (which look amazing!) and I they just show up as Logitech and Logitech #2. I can plug all four cameras in, and configure them in the Capture section to be Cams 1 -4, including being able to preview them. Here's where I hit the problem. On my 2010 iMac, i can turn on the first two cams, at the same time, without a problem. But as soon as I turn on the third, it shows black, and the two cams that were working freeze. And as soon as I turn off the 3rd cam, everything works again.

So I tried running them on my Mac Pro which has the same OS (10.6.8) and drivers. This time, I can only turn on one cam. When I turn on the second, it freezes.

I've also tried running two cams in modul8 and then turning on the third in ichat or QC, and the same thing happens. I've tried to run them all in Quartz Composer. Same thing. It's almost like the USB pipe is overloading or it doesn't have enough power. I've tried running the cams off powered USB hubs (one cam per hub) and I still have the same problem, so I don't think it's a power issue.

I've tried running three different cams. I've tried running three of the same cams. I've tried running two different cams and a Videoglide/easycap. Regardless what USB devices are hooked up, or which apps I'm using to access them, it's the same. I can run two on my iMac, or one one my Mac Pro, and that's it.

The best I can do is run two Logitech C910's through USB on my iMac, and the built in iSight cam. When I do that I can have all three cams on at once.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Does each USB port have 480mbps or do they all share the same pipe that can get overloaded? Do you think installing a PCIe USB card for each cam will fix it?
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:53 am

Seems like USB issue. Yes, you have only one USB bus that gets shared among many devises. And 480mb/s is a dream but not reality.
    Additional USB card will help, I think.
  • olivierthomas

Re: 4 Live Video Input...

by olivierthomas » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi.
    I'm trying to do quite the same thing as you, 4 webcam on modul8.
    Did somebody try those expresscard ? I didn't really understand (my english is quite poor) if somebody suceed or not ?
    Thanks for answering
  • B3Bear

by B3Bear » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:19 am

I'm still working on it. I have a new early 2012 Macbook Pro with 2 USB 3.0 ports. If I plug a cam into each port, they both work. If I unplug one of them and plug in a USB 3.0 hub, then plug the cam into the hub, both cams still work. But if I plug another cam into the hub, the 3 cam setup doesn't work. It seems to me the 3.0 pipe/hub should have enough throughput to run multiple 2.0 cams off of, but it doesn't work. So I'm waiting for either Matrox or Belkin to release their new thunderbolt docks, which will give me more USB ports. I'm hoping I can run at least one more cam off that. Unless it's not a data throughput issue at all.
  • olivierthomas

by olivierthomas » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:28 am

hi,
    for the first part of my work, i did it with only 2 webcam....
    but i'd really have almost 3. How do you manage to plug thunderbolt dock on a macbookpro ?
    olivier
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:20 pm

B3Bear wrote:But if I plug another cam into the hub, the 3 cam setup doesn't work. It seems to me the 3.0 pipe/hub should have enough throughput to run multiple 2.0 cams off of, but it doesn't work.

Is your hub powered? Maybe it just can't power three cams? Just sayin'...
  • B3Bear

by B3Bear » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:37 am

Yep, in fact the hub won't work at all unless it's on AC power.