Im trying to work with multiple cameras input for M8.
Im working in a project that needs 3 or 4 cameras and 3 projections.
- MacPro 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core
- 4 Gb memory
- 4 Graphic cards with a total of 8 outputs (4 outputs working fine with Modul8)
What i need:
At least 3 cameras should be the same model and using the same method of capturing (DV, USB or HDMI).
Performance with at least PAL resolution (720x576) or a little few (640x480)
4 outputs from Modul8, 3 of them should project the 3 cameras in realtime.
- 3 DV Cams via Firewire (quicktime)
- 3 Webcams (with good res and performance - by the way: very difficult to find good cameras that work on MAC without the UVC)
- 3 HDMI inputs with a Decklink or Matrox cards (with Decklink that is no slots avaiable in my MacPro, 3 Matrox sould be very expensive for this)
- 3 USB Cards like easycap dc60+ with composite video input
- 3 IP Cams
Tried out different solutions:
- 2 DV Cams via FireWire 400
- 2 Webcams (Logitech 9000 Pro and another one with UVC) with very poor performance
- 1 webcam iSight from a macbook (good but fixed to the screen)
- 3 USB capture with roxio easy VHS to DVD for MAC with VideoGlide (just can see one camera input the others are pink) with many camera combination (mini-DV, HDV, DVCam)
- many other usb cameras
The best choice should be the firewire but Quicktime just select one stream, and cant have more dv streams in Modul8 at the same time
The USB with video glide should work, but it didn't, maybe because of the Roxio card that im using (it works well with one input)
if somebody else made some experiments please write the results here.
Its very nice that modul8 works with 4 video inputs, but if its not possible to use it, what is the trick ?