GMA x3100 Graphics card with M8
  • Scandaniel

GMA x3100 Graphics card with M8

by Scandaniel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi

I got two questions for you:

1. I recently experienced problems with the "pre-view" and "out"-screen with my previous Mac due to its graphic card. Have you had any feedback or knowledge of errors on Modul8 running on Macs with GMA x3100 graphic card?

2. I have experienced my M8 crashing a couple of times recently. Im running the latest version of M8 on a brand new MacBook Pro. Any idea?
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:49 pm

the GMA graphic cards are not only problematic with modul8, they got serious openGL problems and we cannot do anything about it except asking apple to update their drivers or something, but I think they don't sell it anymore on any machine so it's useless to ask…

I assume it's not your macbook pro that has a gma inside right? they didn't put that crap in the macbook pros as I remember. Try to repair the authorisations, also try a reboot without the extensions (boot with shift key pressed. it's pretty long, like 3 or 4 minutes… keep your finger pressed until you see a login window, login then restart normally).
    You can also try to remove modul8's preferences if you still have a problem.
  • Scandaniel

by Scandaniel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi.

No, it is a friend of mine that has been considering to buy M8. He has a MacBook from 2008, with the GMA x3100. Mine was from 2007 with GMA 950.

I can not recommend him to buy M8 if its gonna crash within a month.

So there is no updates one can do to solve this problem?

D
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 am

GMA is not supposed to crash modul8, you will have graphical glitches in the preview and there are some effects that won't work properly. As I said, there are openGL problems with these cards, but the other components are ok and don't trouble modul8.