Can't Load Modul8 Projects!
    colabs

Can't Load Modul8 Projects!

by colabs » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:06 am

I have searched and searched but can't seem to find any reference to this issue elsewhere in the forums... maybe someone knows what is happening.

When I try to load a saved project I get a message in the bottom left of the window that say's "LOAD STRUCTURES". My media will load into the media set area but that is all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no effect.

Does anyone know what is up here? Have you encountered this? How do I fix this?

Thanks
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 am

Hello Colabs,

Try removing your preferences for Modul8.
    colabs

by colabs » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:57 am

hmmm... tried that, no effect. Unless there is some special way of deleting Modul8 prefs that I don't know about.

I saw a VJ forum post (in spanish i think) that seemed to make reference to this issue. Has no one else experienced this?

One other thing that may be an issue... the last thing I did before I experienced this issue was try to capture to disk. It didn't seem to work and I restarted modul8. That's when I couldn;t load my project that I had been working on.

I hope I can find a way to load my project after I get this sorted out. Spent a load of time setting up this show.
    colabs

by colabs » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:19 am

OK, here is the forum post I saw that seems to be referring to the same issue I am having.

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... auto&tl=en

Use google translate to read it if needed.

SOunds like some sort of conflict with files saved for older versions of modul8? Any help if appreciated!
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:57 am

This is related to the use of a previous version of modul8 that was cracked most of the time. Try to de-authorize and re-authorize (menu Modul8 > Deauthorize).
    ellenpan

by ellenpan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi,
    I have the very same problem here that the project cannot be saved.
    I re-authorized but still the same.
    Is there any solution yet?
    thanks a lot

ellen
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Try to remove the modul8 preferences

"~/Library/Preferences/com.garagecube.modul8…"
    ellenpan

by ellenpan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:40 am

Hi sigmasix,
    I removed the modul8 preferences, but still can't get it work. :(
    I also have M8 v2.5 in the same system, and it works fine.
    would it be any incompatible problem of these two version?
    thanks a lot!
  • backline

by backline » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:00 am

ellenpan wrote:Hi sigmasix,
    I removed the modul8 preferences, but still can't get it work. :(
    I also have M8 v2.5 in the same system, and it works fine.
    would it be any incompatible problem of these two version?
    thanks a lot!

hi there i have the same problem, and a clean install, i bpught my new mac pro, bought M8, install the software and begin with my projects, but some of them doesn't load all medias at all... 1 of 4 projects loads ok, other 3 loads only some .mov videos, but swfs ans jpgs loads ok. some thing i can see is that if i try to delete the affected layers and recreate them doesn't play that medias, but if i create another cues (3 instead of 2) and create the layers it will play the medias with no problem, but if i save the project and launch again, have the same problem, i think it's a problem with that media files, but tried with another wich works on other projects and have the same result.... i can't understand what happened with M8. and the team, which appears to doesn't take care of bringing some support to this.
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:58 am

you should always keep your project file in the same folder as your content.
    try this it might fix it.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:31 am

deepvisual wrote:you should always keep your project file in the same folder as your content.
    try this it might fix it.

Also instead of having multiple copies of your media for all projects make reference mov with Quicktime>Save As>Make Reference Movie. It is about 4kb and loads the original movie where ever it resides.
  • Vibber
    super8 member

by Vibber » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:34 am

vanakaru wrote:Also instead of having multiple copies of your media for all projects make reference mov with Quicktime>Save As>Make Reference Movie. It is about 4kb and loads the original movie where ever it resides.

Yea, either that or hard links. Explanation here:
    http://www.udart.dk/2010/02/22/modul8-q ... ith-links/

The advatage of hard links is that even if the original is moved or even deleted the link will continue to work.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Vibber wrote:
    vanakaru wrote:Also instead of having multiple copies of your media for all projects make reference mov with Quicktime>Save As>Make Reference Movie. It is about 4kb and loads the original movie where ever it resides.

Yea, either that or hard links. Explanation here:
    http://www.udart.dk/2010/02/22/modul8-q ... ith-links/

The advatage of hard links is that even if the original is moved or even deleted the link will continue to work.

I never got this working. Also tried once again with no success. Would be ineresting to know if somedody can do it.
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Hello,

Your persistent problem is strange… please check that all the modules are paused when you open your file (or maybe you saved your project with a certain module playing and now it's paused it doesn't look the same when you open it)

An other thing to try is to repair the authorisations of your computer.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:40 pm

No, no, no. I can not get link to be greated. Terminal has never been my friend. However I type or drop files I get the error *no such file or directory*.
    OK I got it. Both folders need to be on the same HDD. But it appears to be just a copy of the original file - same size.