midi mapping in/out/cut etc
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

midi mapping in/out/cut etc

by VJnutcracker » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:34 am

hey

I'm putting together a few midi control pages with Touchosc on the iPad and have hit a midi mapping issue, can anyone help?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How would i map the In/out/linear/random/cut/sound waveform selection buttons to midi for auto scale, auto move animation fx, they dont go green when midi mapping in Modul8?
    Valparaiiso
    activ8 member

by Valparaiiso » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:35 am

I imagine that your TouchOSC iPad send some midi cc and you map it directly into M8.
    Try to get TouchOSC sending direct OSC messages to M8 (as you can see in script editor window and then, with ctrl>layer>auto>moveCurve>(values from 0 to 9), you got your wave form.

Take a look at OSC Global module, run it (listener and sender activated) and check the box "print log on the scipt output". Then menu "Modules->Script->Show script output will show you OSC messages while you make actions on M8.
    For example, /md8key/ctrl_layer_auto_moveCurve/0', ',i', 6 will activate soundLevel curve on the selected layer.
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Using OSC directly is definitely the way forward. Although there are some limitations at present it's good to look into the future plus you get OSC feedback too!