DFG .. modul8 .. crash issue
  • Time Squid

DFG .. modul8 .. crash issue

by Time Squid » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi Hi... Please help

Something happened to my system, and now when I try to open Modul8 with the DFG plugged in it crashes before it can even open and the OS displays this error log:

"...USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x0236, 0x04600000
    USB Device: IR Receiver, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x8242, 0x04500000
    FireWire Device: Converter Rev2, Video to 1394, Up to 400 Mb/sec"

Its obvious that it has to do with the DFG component.

Ive reinstalled the OS, Ive reinstalled M8, Ive reinstalled the DFG codec...

Does anyone have any other quick fix, tricks, Its very super dooper important to me. pleeeeze
    TIME SQUID!
    "video fun for the new dance era"
  • Time Squid

by Time Squid » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Im on a macbook pro running OS 10.6

I have had this problem before, and on a fluke I deleted the file IOfirewireAVC.kext in the system-library-extensions folder while modul8 was running (sans dfg) and then opened it back up only to reinstated the file and it worked... unfortunately that trick no longer works... and is probably too dangerous anyway.
    TIME SQUID!
    "video fun for the new dance era"
  • TimeSquid

FIXED!

by TimeSquid » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:32 am

It turns out that :

the crash happens when Modul8 try to enumerate all the video capture devices using SGGetChannelDeviceList.

The wonderful support team at garagecube helped me out with a patched app, Thank you!
  • Jaquinde

same issue

by Jaquinde » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:59 pm

I think I'm having the same issue, I'm trying o connect 2 firewire inputs into modul8 and it crashes before I can open it unless I disconnect one of the inputs.

here's my setup:
    Laptop 1 has VGA signal out converted by GreenValley TwinPact100 into FireWire 400
    Laptop 2 has HDMI signal out converted by GreenValley ADVC HD50 into FireWire 800
    Laptop 3 picks up 800 thru one port and 400 thru another port

SO FAR SO GOOD

Now the software:

Once this whole setup is put in place, I open up Modul8 and it crashes b4 it even opens

BUT WAIT!

I open up the DEMO of GrandVJ from Arkaos, and it can detect both devices and both feeds with no trouble at all, and I can mix between them. I want that in Modul8.

I need a fix for modul8 to get around this. Would your fix work? If not, where can I get a fix from garagecube specific to my problem like u did?
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:57 pm

@Jaquinde Please contact us at support at garagecube dot com and include all of the information you have included here.
  • Ganesh

by Ganesh » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:44 pm

I'm facing exactly the same problem and sent a message at support. I hope they answer quickly cause it's quite urgent!
    Some news? Do this patch work well?
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:04 pm

Hello Ganesh,

David will be responding to your message soon.