Can not play sound out.
  • vanakaru
    master

Can not play sound out.

by vanakaru » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:27 am

I have not used sound out over all the years with Modul8. Now I have a project that requires play movs with sound. When I load the movs and turn up the sound out I hear nothing.
    What I miss that is not in documentation
    sound Playback
    Modul8 fully supports video sound. By default sound output is disabled in the master panel. To turn it on, you simply have to change the sound level using the “out” knob.
    You can also change the sound volume for every layer individually using the play option (in the “opt” tab at the top-left of the layer settings).
    Sound is correctly managed also by the cross-fader. It means that when you cross-fade from a group to another, the sound will also be cross-faded.
    Changing the transparency of a layer lowers the sound volume of the layer.
    Main panel
    If you don’t need sound at all, you can turn it off in the preferences. In this mode, sounds is completely ignored and it will improve the performance of Modul8.
  • camil

by camil » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:56 am

Sound is working in Modul8. Check in preferences if "Always ignore sound channel" is marked or not.Should work if it's not marked.Of course you need to pull up the volume in Modul8.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks, but I need help with not so obvious steps.
    I hear sound fine if I play with Quicktime. I tried with Modul8 v.2.5.8 - no sound. It may be something in my settings that needs to be different. i put out through built in speakers for now.

Update.
    After trying successfully with v2.5.7 it works now with the others as well.
    I found the problem. Modul8 does not play sound when I use clips unedited from my camera Lumix TZ5. So some camera codec does not work (PhotJPG 8-bit Unsigned Integer 8000khz Mono).
  • inmodis

by inmodis » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Hey Vanakaru,

Had that same problem in final cut. How it basicly might end up like this: pocket camera's record in 1 layer, video as well as audio. Final cut just sees 1 layer and decides there is no audio layer.

Sound gone.

My solution was, down load a converting app (free MPEG streamclip for example at "http://www.squared5.com/") and distract the enclosed audio layer by converting your clip to a format that gives a recognisable soundlayer.

Good luck
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:20 am

inmodis wrote:Hey Vanakaru,

Had that same problem in final cut. How it basicly might end up like this: pocket camera's record in 1 layer, video as well as audio. Final cut just sees 1 layer and decides there is no audio layer.

Sound gone.

My solution was, down load a converting app (free MPEG streamclip for example at "http://www.squared5.com/") and distract the enclosed audio layer by converting your clip to a format that gives a recognisable soundlayer.

Good luck

I do not use sound when I film and I like this camera 'cos it uses photoJPG codec and has decent quality for its size. So I do not need to edit much for using a clip.
    I know well this excellent app that I use for converting anything. So it is good information regardless.