Using Modul8 with Video SL Serato
  • DJNAVICS

Using Modul8 with Video SL Serato

by DJNAVICS » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:28 pm

Im using a mac book pro im trying to figure out a way to input video sl scratchlive directly into the input sources in modul8 but so far ive failed since it only detects my internal live camera and a internal cameratwist program.... so is there a way for modul8 to detect video sl from scratchlive?

the only way for me to accomplish this so far it to buy another macbook pro and use a canopus capture devide
  • DJNAVICS

by DJNAVICS » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

incase you needed to know i was successful on making both programs run together thanks to my friend Nick From www,inklen.com
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:26 am

Pretty much what you said. 2nd Laptop and a capture device.
    If Serato added support for Syphon output to Video-SL (and Modul8 added support for Syphon input) then sure. You should go request that on the Video SL forums - who knows.
  • DJNAVICS

by DJNAVICS » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 am

YEAH THAT WORKS IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT BUT I MANAGED TO MAKE IT WORK WITHOUT ANOTHER COMPUTER.

SCRATCH LIVE -> MIX EMERGENCY -> MODUL8
    THERES MORE DETAILS BUT I THINK IM GONNA KEEP IT TO MY SELF FOR NOW
  • vjjustinallen

by vjjustinallen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Then why are you posting on this board if you are just "going to keep things to yourself".

I also use Modul8 and Scratchlive and have for the last 3 years. I think that you will find that the majority of people on this board have a low opinion of those that ask for help, find out the answer, and then refuse to share that answer.

As to making them both work on the same system you will find, like I did, that when you start getting into the more advanced features of Modul8, running several video, flash, and image files together at the same time you are trying to mix multiple Scratchlive video streams you will find that there will be performance issues.

See how I just tried to help you out.
  • vjjustinallen

by vjjustinallen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Original thread about this issue is posted here: http://www.inklen.com/forum/comments.ph ... mment_2669

Big props to Nick over at Inklen for spending time to help others integrate solutions into and out of his product.
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:06 am

Agreed, forums are for asking questions and sharing answers. I'm not sure keeping it quiet is helping anyone, and if you ask more questions here they'll probably go unanswered.
  • ilan

by ilan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Folks, please let us keep the caps to a minimum as well as the confrontations.
  • vjjustinallen

by vjjustinallen » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:57 am

My bad.
    orion
    super8 member

soooo

by orion » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:52 am

how exactly do you send your serato vsl feed into modul8 on the same computer? I'm new to modul8 so a detailed description would be awesome.
  • DJNAVICS

by DJNAVICS » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:32 am

Now its simple by using Mix Emergency (inklen.com) and Modul8 you can simply select the syphon option on Mix emergency and transmit the active image thru Modul8 check out facebook.com/vdjnavics i have a few pictures for better understanding
    orion
    super8 member

werd

by orion » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:40 pm

that didn't help but for those trying it out check it out,
    The latest version of Mix Emergency has syphon support. You can download the demo here: http://www.inklen.com/mixemergency/
    It's kinda pricey especially since i already bought Serato VSL but i digress.
    In Mix Emergency prefs the last tab is syphon, just select your outputs (output; channel 1; channel 2; are your options)

Then you need to download syphon stuff; mostly simple client and the qtz files, this video tutorial from the midithief is exactly what i needed:
    http://themidithief.com/2011/06/syphon-input-in-modul8/

that should have you up and running
    Serato > Mix Emergency > Syphon > Modul8

Sure would be tight to just use VSL but no dice yet. Not sure how all this pans out live either but I'ma try it out next week.
    WarpNote

Re: Using Modul8 with Video SL Serato

by WarpNote » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:56 am

Late to the Party, you guys rock!
    Just now came to this forum to find a solution using ME and M8 together.
    @ilan: thank you so much for the great workshop in Oslo this weekend. -> https://vimeo.com/52760533

As a motion graphics designer, doing dj'ing at weekends, I guess this ScratchLive > MixEmergency > Modulate > MadMapper combo could be quite something. Imagine thats gonna take some strain on the computer though. Will see how it works out.
    On to read up on QTZ...
  • ilan

Re: Using Modul8 with Video SL Serato

by ilan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Glad you enjoyed the workshop. Thanks for making the video so quickly.