Auto Scale and Auto Move stop functioning
  • Circuit5

Auto Scale and Auto Move stop functioning

by Circuit5 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:33 am

I'm having a problem that Auto Move and Auto Scale stop responding to sound after a few minutes of running. I've got both activated on layers 1 and 2, along with a few sound and bpm routings (which keep working fine). I'm also using the (AT) Layer Sequencer 16 module to swap layers 3 and 4 and I'm triggering M8, CI, and FF filters over midi.

I'm running on a 2.66ghz Macbook Pro w/8GB ram (brand new in september). The project and media is at 854x480, all in Photo Jpeg.

Sometimes the Auto FX stop working first on layer 1 or 2, and then later on the other one. I haven't been able to figure out a specific cause, seems to just happen after a few minutes.

Any help would be great, thanks.
  • ilan

by ilan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:35 am

A very strange thing. I have never seen or read about this happening before.

- Is the effect still 'active' when it shuts off or are all the controls on with an absence of no movement?

- Can you try shutting off all the modules you are using to see if it persists?
  • Circuit5

by Circuit5 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:14 am

I shut down all modules I didn't really need and that made very little difference. However, I was running SoundFlower to route iTunes in so I could prep at home. Without Sound Flower it worked so the gig was fine.

Is there a better audio-routing utility to use?

Thanks.
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:24 am

. i've had lots of problems w/SoundFlower not working after random amounts of time in 10.6 not sure if they've ever fixed that

-james
    (a nomad. )
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 am

It seems that SoundFlower is dead parrot. And it is very sad it does not work with 10.6 properly.
    tdog
    super8 member

by tdog » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:54 pm

vanakaru wrote:It seems that SoundFlower is dead parrot. And it is very sad it does not work with 10.6 properly.

i use soundflower 16 channel and 2 channel regularly, for inputs to logic, for qlab, and for sound router in modul8; works fine every time.

(running 10.6.6 on macbook pro)

tdog
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Yeah, mine stopped working too and I had to fix it. There was an issue with Soundflower and Snow Leopard. Get the latest version here:
    http://code.google.com/p/soundflower/downloads/list

The other thing was that I made a mistake in the settings.
    My current settings are:
    Soundflower is set to "Built-in Output" in the top menu settings.

In the Audio settings:
    Built in output for out data. It has the happy Mac icon
    Sound Flower (2ch) has the speaker and microphone icon.

= Works. But don't forget to launch M8 after changing the settings (or are they working instantly now? Can't remember). Crank up sound input volume in M8 and start animating something.