can not save moduls from the online library
  • Dori_Dori

can not save moduls from the online library

by Dori_Dori » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:42 pm

im using version 2.6,, everytime the new modules i downloaded from the online library never shown again after i re-open the saved file,,,, anyone has any idea???????? thxx
  • ilan

by ilan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:38 pm

Check the permissions settings of the folder. If your user does not own the folder then the modules cannot be written to it.
  • Dori_Dori

by Dori_Dori » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:56 pm

thanks for the reply, i just check the folder permission, its fine as "read&write".

what i realised is, after i download a new module, i check the editor, it doesn'w show the the script of the new module. Also, if i just quit the whole Modul8, there is no such a pop-out window ask me do i want to save project or not...

These r the two things i found a bit odd, do you think that somehow relates to the problem of saving the modules???
  • ilan

by ilan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:41 pm

This could be two things...

First, make sure that the permissions are set for 'everyone.' If you have a separate admin account on your computer, you will have to log in with it and set the permissions to it there.

For this problem with the scripts not being there, if you are using a language set that is not Western such as Chinese or Japanese, this may be the cause.

Check these and let me know.
  • Dori_Dori

by Dori_Dori » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:21 pm

I just tried to set the permission on "read & write" for the [everyone] and [admin] accout. Also , my language is set as English Uk,, but still , , the problem the same,,, any other reason this can be??? cheers!
  • ilan

by ilan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Can you send a quick message to support at garagecube dot com? We will assist you from there.
  • visulize

The same problem.

by visulize » Thu May 12, 2011 9:35 pm

I dont suppose you could help me with this also.

same issue..
  • Hey!Cliché!

by Hey!Cliché! » Thu May 12, 2011 9:38 pm

I have this problem if I install modules on a different user than the one I originally installed it on. If you have more than one user that you use Modul8 on this could be the problem.
    Hey! Cliché! video club
  • garageRoot
    garageCube team

by garageRoot » Thu May 12, 2011 11:00 pm

It's a permissions issue. You need to change the permissions of the modules folder so that it is accessible to everyone.